• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Enlander study with WPI

Recovery Soon

A while ago I had posted that my blood was drawn at Dr. Enlander's office for a study with Dr. Alter.

I just found out yesterday that the Alter study is out, but the samples will be tested by WPI for another study.

No time frame on when to expect results.

Nielk

A while ago I had posted that my blood was drawn at Dr. Enlander's office for a study with Dr. Alter.

I just found out yesterday that the Alter study is out, but the samples will be tested by WPI for another study.

No time frame on when to expect results.

Thanks for this info.
They also drew my blood at Dr. Enlander's and I was curious as to what was happening to it.

omerbasket

A question: Was it only Enlander's plan to send the samples to Dr. Alter (who would send them to Dr. Lo), or was did Alter agree to do that and then cancelled?
My hunch is that it was only Dr. Enlander's plan, and Dr. Alter never agreed to that. It's very possible that he couldn't agree to that, since it's very possible, I think, that he has no funding for that.

Recovery Soon

DO you mean the Alter part of the Enlander study was cancelled but the WPI part is continuing?

I'm not sure what the original proposiiton of the study was meant to be. I only know what his nurse has told me- which back 6 months or so ago was that he was doing an XMRV study with Dr. Alter for which I gave blood.

I inquired a couple days ago and she said the Alter study was cancelled and that WPI contacted Enlander and planned to use the same samples for a new study. It's quite possible that the original study contained both labs- and she did not quite realize that WPI was included all along.

She also said that the blood would be tested by WPI and Peterson separately.

Again, I don't know if she gets the nuances.

I certainly don't. All I know is I'm looking forward to getting my results from WPI.