• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone familiar with Parasitology Center in AZ?

I'm thinking about getting a stool test done and am trying to research which lab seems to be the most accurate. The Parasitology Center in AZ was recommended to me by a nutritionist. Has anyone ever heard of this lab?

Any thoughts on which lab and tests are the most accurate? I know I have some mild gut dysbiosis - don't think it's too bad, but I want to know exactly what I'm dealing with. Thanks!

richvank

I'm thinking about getting a stool test done and am trying to research which lab seems to be the most accurate. The Parasitology Center in AZ was recommended to me by a nutritionist. Has anyone ever heard of this lab?

Any thoughts on which lab and tests are the most accurate? I know I have some mild gut dysbiosis - don't think it's too bad, but I want to know exactly what I'm dealing with. Thanks!

Hi. minniemom.

This is Dr. Omar Amin's lab, and as far as I know, they have a good reputation. Also, as far as I know, they analyze for parasites (protozoa and worms) as well as yeasts, but they don't do bacteria. To look for bacterial dysbiosis, as well as a variety of other issues related to the digestive system, I prefer the Diagnos-Techs Expanded G.I. panel, which requires a doctor's order. The Genova Diagnostics comprehensive digestive stool analysis is also good, as is the Metametrix G.I. Function profile. I think Doctor's Data lab offers a stool test, too. Some of these are available without a doctor's order from www.directlabs.com

The most comprehensive testing of the digestive system in ME/CFS is done by Dr. Kenny de Meirleir in Belgium. In addition to the types of testing above, he does breath tests for fructose and lactose intolerance, uses a stool test that preserves the anaerobic bacteria, and also tests for D-lactate in the blood and H2S in the urine, both produced by gut bacteria.

Best regards,

Rich

globalpilot

Hi,
I wanted to add some new information I have learned about stool testing. This was from Dr Timothy Buie's talk at the fall DAN! conference. He gave 2 talks and I forget which of the 2 he presented this information in.

Basically he said that doing analysis of microbial DNA from tissue samples taken during endoscopy is not comparable with what is found in stool testing. In other words, the stool does not represent what is in the tissues in the gut. I do not know why this would be and he did not discuss why. He said he will treat negative pathogens if they show up.

He also said that you will not get rid of bad microbes with antimicrobials and biofilm protocals until motility, digestion and inflammation are corrected.

I'm going by memory here as I'm at the b'fs and don't have access to my notes.

He presented a lot of new concepts and i really think he is worth paying a lot of attention to.

Regards,
GP

Hi. minniemom.

This is Dr. Omar Amin's lab, and as far as I know, they have a good reputation. Also, as far as I know, they analyze for parasites (protozoa and worms) as well as yeasts, but they don't do bacteria. To look for bacterial dysbiosis, as well as a variety of other issues related to the digestive system, I prefer the Diagnos-Techs Expanded G.I. panel, which requires a doctor's order. The Genova Diagnostics comprehensive digestive stool analysis is also good, as is the Metametrix G.I. Function profile. I think Doctor's Data lab offers a stool test, too. Some of these are available without a doctor's order from www.directlabs.com

The most comprehensive testing of the digestive system in ME/CFS is done by Dr. Kenny de Meirleir in Belgium. In addition to the types of testing above, he does breath tests for fructose and lactose intolerance, uses a stool test that preserves the anaerobic bacteria, and also tests for D-lactate in the blood and H2S in the urine, both produced by gut bacteria.

Best regards,

Rich

Marg

Yes, I had a stool test done there a few years ago, I assume it is the same place. My then doctor said it as one of the fvew places that really knew how to look for parasites. I did not have any suprised him LOL

The problem with nearly all stool tests, including the DNA stool test whether by Genova, Metametrixs, or Dr. Amin's lab is that it won't pick up many parasites due to the fact these tests cannot pick up decomposed DNA. The parasites die & decompose while they are mailed and shipped. This is why Dr. Cahill is so invaluable to the medical profession, because he actually tests a fresh sample like they used to do in the past. Back in the day doctors would put on a glove and take a fresh sample around your anus to extract some stool to check for parasites and for blood. They would also check fresh feces, too. Doctors no longer would do anything considered so "degrading" today. Even the fresh stool samples have high levels of testing failure, but it's much lower than the other tests.

My insurance completely covers these DNA stool tests and I would never take another. I believe it's a waste of money, so do many doctors and I can see why. To give a personal example, I took one from Genova and another, I can't recall where, maybe Doctor's Data. Both were negative. I believe I had strongylori (lung worm) and I know for a fact I had and still have amoebas and tapeworms. If it rains too many days in a row, my stomach acts up. Sign of amoebas If I take high doses of narcotics, I can actually see the tapeworms floating in the toilet bowl separate from the stool. It's hard to miss two or three 5" long white rope-looking things.

Speaking of treating worms: As you can imagine I have tried everything you can imagine.Some treatments work better than others for some parasites and not others. For example, I had some parasite upsetting me. I baked everything I ate at 250*F for 3 days in extra virgin olive. Felt great afterwards. Many worms cannot tolerate such high levels of olive oil and will literally explode and die. This works well for dogs and cats, too. I do this every so often. I've tried Ivermectin. It's an amazing drug. I was given Ivermectin for the lungworms. It was miraculous. I can't tell you how great I felt. It was like experiencing the joy of a new sunny day. However, the worms came back. Tried to take more felt better, but still came back. Put a drop or 2 of wild tansy essential oil in a nebulizer with enough saline solution to dilute it and haven't had problems now in 9 months. Will see how I feel when it gets hot. Deseret Biologicals makes a great parasite cleanse which works wonders in amoebas. You can never get completely rid of them. However having them does confer benefit. When everyone else is sick for 3-5 days or hospitalized from drinking polluted water due to main breaks, I rarely get sick and if I do it doesn't last more than 2 hours. Hulda Clark makes one of the best parasite cleanse kits. It's the only one that I've ever tried that gets rid of tapeworms, too. However, you can get rid of tapeworms by taking high doses of oxycodone or other narcotics. Whether it kills them or it "stones" the little buggers, you'll see them floating in your stool. Scabies is a parasite, but not a worm: It's miniature mites. Best way to get rid of them: sulfur dip just make sure it doesn't get anywhere near your eyes or your pets eyes. It can cause blindness.

Some treatments work better than others for some parasites and not others.
Hi Jessica, I have a friend living in a third world country who feels strongly they have contracted parasites and perhaps in the lungs. Would you mind elaborating on how you used the wild tansy oil in amounts and duration? i.e. 1 drop of oil to say 6 oz of saline and breath it for 10mins? Do this 3 times per day for a week? two weeks? Also what kind of nebulizer did you use? Gritman has a diffuser they sell - do you think that one would work? Reason for the additional clarification is that I have found a few places where it says to use extreme caution when dealing with wild tansy oil as it appears to be very potent. Also, do you think taking olive oil by the spoonful would help? I don't know if Ivermectin is available to them. Any and all experience you wish to share is appreciated. Bless you and thank you.

Last edited:

stetson28

If it aint broke don't fix it...but.
Hi Jessica, I have a friend living in a third world country who feels strongly they have contracted parasites and perhaps in the lungs. Would you mind elaborating on how you used the wild tansy oil in amounts and duration? i.e. 1 drop of oil to say 6 oz of saline and breath it for 10mins? Do this 3 times per day for a week? two weeks? Also what kind of nebulizer did you use? Gritman has a diffuser they sell - do you think that one would work? Reason for the additional clarification is that I have found a few places where it says to use extreme caution when dealing with wild tansy oil as it appears to be very potent. Also, do you think taking olive oil by the spoonful would help? I don't know if Ivermectin is available to them. Any and all experience you wish to share is appreciated. Bless you and thank you.

Did you ever discover any more information on tansy oil as far as dosage and administration steps? Thank you.