• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new on empowher: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Invisible Illness Coming Into The Light?

liverock

Jody

Thanks for being a bringer of good news.:hug:

Good to see that such a prestigious paper as the WSJ has started to take an interest in CFS. No doubt theres a lot more of their readership involved in stressful jobs, which can be the precurser to CFS, especially with all the financial turmoil in the markets these days and the threat of job losses.

If the Banksters start going down with CFS related diseases, they have the clout and the personal finance to start 'kick starting' the clinical trials and other research in the pipeline we are all waiting (im)patientlly for.

Nielk

Thanks again Jody!

I always love reading your stories.

You are so articulate and have such a clear way of writing what I am thinking.

Jody

Jody

Thanks for being a bringer of good news.:hug:

Good to see that such a prestigious paper as the WSJ has started to take an interest in CFS. No doubt theres a lot more of their readership involved in stressful jobs, which can be the precurser to CFS, especially with all the financial turmoil in the markets these days and the threat of job losses.

If the Banksters start going down with CFS related diseases, they have the clout and the personal finance to start 'kick starting' the clinical trials and other research in the pipeline we are all waiting (im)patientlly for.

Liverock,

So if the rich ones start to get sick, maybe we'll see some real action for cfs ...

justinreilly

Interesting article. I too am glad that ME is getting more press. I thought that the Front Page WSJ article was quite inaccurate portraying patients as trying to speed up science and bother scientists. Otherwise, Ms. Marcus' writing is very good. Unfortunately the bad article is the one most people have read since it was on the front page of the weekend edition.