• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Deckoff-Jones on CROI

Crappy

Thanks SpecialK82,

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I had to pause and tears well up. We've been busily creating and replicating possibly the most virulent virus yet, and we don't know how to kill any of them, even hhv6 in human tissue. This is beginning to look like the biggest man made disaster yet. If this goes anything like theory dictates. You think there's a health care crisis now. You ain't seen nothing yet!

I guess if this is what I am interpreting, the best thing to happen is all the scientist working on it are infected; and have a strong motivation to fix it.

I hope I misunderstood it.

markmc20001

Thanks SpecialK82,

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I had to pause and tears well up. We've been busily creating and replicating possibly the most virulent virus yet, and we don't know how to kill any of them, even hhv6 in human tissue. This is beginning to look like the biggest man made disaster yet. If this goes anything like theory dictates. You think there's a health care crisis now. You ain't seen nothing yet!

I guess if this is what I am interpreting, the best thing to happen is all the scientist working on it are infected; and have a strong motivation to fix it.

I hope I misunderstood it.

I think this is why health insurance premiums are skyrocketing in the US and have been since the late 1980's. I also believe it is why the republicans are trying to get rid of OBAMA care. Because a select few are well aware of how many people are sick. This is al speculation of course, but when you have been sick long enough it is pretty easy to tell when somebody else becomes affected. I alos believe that the government has had literally millions of letters and emails about this since the 1980's. They know something is up. They have spent millions on reeves disease research.

Luckily, many are unaffected as badly, YET, as some of those who are completely bedbound. I had been bedbound for over 6 months. THAT IS SCAREY. I'm simply a mushroom now and don;t leave the house much and don;t have any friends becasue my brain is so fried I can't see straight enough to maintain a conversation. Which is scarely too when I look like young healthy man and have to rely on the government to take care of me when they are trying to throw me under the bus.(like my disability company already has)

Most people I see get infected slow down, get headaches, are generally tired, end up depressed, maybe get fat, etc etc....and end up much more stupid not ever knowing what hit them. They have all these funny neurological things going on there is no way to measure, but they are scraping by to some extent or another like I did for many years. They stroll around and look for answers, but after a few rounds of anti-depressants and doctors blowing them off. They just grind it out. Good way to stop people from using resources though when thier insurance is cut off, they loose their job, can't compete, they stay home, they don't reproduce. But don;t die, so no alarm bells ring to solve the problem. And plus the CDC is under the grip of the special interest and they are manipulated into thinking it to save teh insurance companies they don;t even understand until now it man-made.

It took me 25 years to become incompasitated though. However I got sick around 11 years old and was still young enough to push on through some stuff even though I couldn't finish college and have just fumbled through life. I never fully grapsed my situation until recently, and I still have to fight to understand the reality of what I am in for.

SilverbladeTE

HEY! wasn't there a pig?? virus found in vaccine a year or two ago?

BINGO!! there was!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/06/us-merck-rotavirus-idUSTRE6454N820100506

Pig virus DNA found in Merck rotavirus vaccine

WASHINGTON | Thu May 6, 2010 2:24pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Pieces of DNA from two pig viruses were found in Merck & Co Inc's rotavirus vaccine, but there was no evidence of a safety risk, U.S. health officials said on Thursday.

The finding follows a March announcement of an apparently harmless pig virus found in a rival rotavirus vaccine from GlaxoSmithKline Plc.

Merck said in a statement the company's testing found "very low levels" of DNA from porcine circovirus, or PCV, in its Rotateq vaccine.

"There is no evidence at this time that DNA from PCV causes any disease in humans," Merck said.

The FDA said the number of virus DNA fragments in the Merck vaccine may be smaller than what has been found with Glaxo's product, called Rotarix.

Findings on the Merck and Glaxo vaccines will be discussed on Friday with an FDA advisory panel of outside experts, the agency said

least SOME of my once encyclopeadic memory is still intact :p

SilverbladeTE

Markmc20001

coudl well be, bet the contamination issue is one good possible reason for the cover up against us

well there are known to be a bunch of reasons costs are increasing there, greed always being one ;)
pasrtially it's also consequences of "exponential growth", that lovely "3% GDP growth" governments and stock market loves comes with inevitable consequences the stupid gits don't understand

really IS one of the most important videos you'll ever see ;) 8 part series

[video=youtube;F-QA2rkpBSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY[/video]

markmc20001

more speculation on my part.

IF any of you get a chance, watch the Bill gates interview on Charlie Rose. The one aired on Feb 8, 2011.

Notice how anxious Bill Gates is to vacccinate the rest of the world. And listen carefully to his explanation on how vaccines reduce the birth rate.

http://www.charlierose.com/guest/view/33

Many of the Elites pulling are strings are on TV all the time right in front of us.

alex3619

Dr. Deckoff-Jones Blog - MMTV

I wanted to bring your attention to an excerpt from http://networkedblogs.com/f6idq

... mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) ... is a vertically transmitted endogenous retrovirus that causes cancer when it inserts near an oncogene. MMTV can be transferred exogenously or endogenously through the germ cell line; the later infection produces virus present in every cell of the body. Mice that acquire the infection this way have a higher incidence of tumors. In lymphocytes, it may cause a T cell leukemia. MMTV has an enhancer region in its U3 long terminal repeat that activates the virus in mammary cells. It is activated by estrogen and other glucocorticoids, including progesterone. [Bolding added by me.]

There are strong similarities to HGRVs and MMTV. I would like to emphasize this: in the debate so far we have largely been operating under the presumption that there is only XMRV+ or -. There is another group, if this is applicable. Germ line inheritance leads to XMRV+++. This second generation patient is likely to look much different from first generation patient, if only because the incidence of cancer will be much higher.

If you are interested in the scale of this potential catastrophe, you might like to read my comments on SilverbladeTE's thread:

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?9964-So-470-*MILLION*-people-may-have-XMRV

Nothing is definitively proven yet, but it is not looking good. The worst case scenario keeps getting worse, and the best case scenario is fading away.

Bye
Alex

Bob

It's a very interesting article, but I do worry about these claims being made loudly, because of the billions of dollars that the US government could invest in order to 'disprove' them. If the US government gets to hear that the WPI might have proof that vaccines might contain harmful retroviruses, then we're not going to see any more investment dollars in XMRV, and worse than that, there might be an orchestrated smear campaign against the WPI. It could be disastrous. Of course, if I believed that governments only ever acted in the best interests of the citizens, then I wouldn't be worried about it. But there's a lot of scientists, a lot of careers, a lot of companies, and a lot of money involved in producing vaccines. And a lot of US politicians are probably closely linked to big-pharma companies. Personally, I don't think that this is a theory that our community should be making much noise about until we have many more positive research papers published about XMRV.

Bob

Intriguing last paragraph...

Is it even remotely possible that the findings reported in Lombardi et al were the result of contamination of their reagents? No more likely than that the retrovirus described by DeFrietas et al in 1991 was contamination. Had the CDC done something then, we could have prevented the autism epidemic and a second generation of infected people. Instead they buried DeFrietas' work by withdrawing all funding. Deja vu?

http://networkedblogs.com/f6idq

currer

Of course even "important" people get themselves and their children vaccinated, so why should there be a smear campaign against the WPI ? Aren't we all at equal risk?

ukxmrv

Currer,

I can't see anything that Dr D-J said that could harm the WPI by association. It was just the obvious concerns that we being stated and we need to know the answers - even if they are not what we want.

We live in a time when startling and interesting things are being said in public about XMRV. For example should "Blood Services Inc" be discredited or embarrassed by what Mike Busch said at the CROI last week

(start)
Mike Busch, San Francisco

Sort of following up on that, I think there’s no doubt after this meeting that this virus arose from a recombination, and as the original prostate tumor explants and propagated, and it’s extraordinarily infectious in vitro and is clearly demonstrating infectivity in human explants and a variety of human cell lines, and transmitted to nonhuman primates. And I’m a little concerned..one, was this human-created in the laboratory, and it’s a highly infectious retrovirus…and could it transmit to humans…could it have, subsequent to that event, transmitted to humans? We’ve been doing studies using pedigreed negative controls, some of whom happen to be lab workers working with this virus and intermittently score positive in one lab or another. I’ve just ignored that, but now I’m beginning to be concerned that might there be transient infections in humans? Has anyone embarked on studies to look at ..(unclear)..at lab workers who have or are working with these cell lines?
(end)

SOC

Of course even "important" people get themselves and their children vaccinated, so why should there be a smear campaign? Aren't we all at equal risk?

I'm asking myself the same question, or at least a similar one. If this retrovirus is vaccine-transmitted, then isn't nearly everyone potentially infected? The president's children were probably vaccinated long before he was "important" enough to be aware of any cover up. Ditto for many, many people who could now be aware of the problem and involved in a potential cover-up. Aren't they (or their families) potentially infected, too? I'd think they would have a motivation for investigating rather than covering up.

Also, if this retrovirus is highly infectious or vertically transmitted, then the infection rate has to be growing rapidly. Cover-ups are, generally speaking, only useful for limited events -- those that have a clear ending -- because the cover-up only has to last until no one cares anymore; it's either old news or everyone involved has died off. In a situation like this, where the infection is spreading, how can a cover-up be realistically maintained?

Before anyone goes ballistic on me -- I'm not saying a cover-up or smear campaign does or doesn't exist. I'm just asking questions that need to be answered if we're going to deal with this.

Bob

Of course even "important" people get themselves and their children vaccinated, so why should there be a smear campaign? Aren't we all at equal risk?

In a perfect world, then yes, everyone would look at the evidence objectively, with intellectual curiosity, in order to ascertain the truth in order to help humanity.
But, as we have seen many times throughout history, there are always other forces at play, other than human altruistic feelings and compassion.
When there is big money involved (e.g. billions upon billions of dollars in the pharma industry), and careers and reputations at stake, then science and truth can be twisted and distorted in order to achieve certain ends.
Obviously, I hope that I'm wrong about my concerns, but when it comes to vaccines, I believe that governments might become very defensive, and choose to only look at the research that shows that XMRV is a contaminant. Many scientists are already doing this, and declaring that XMRV research was a "false dawn".
Some scientists have declared that there is no XMRV, and then that XMRV is a contaminant, and then that XMRV is not associated with CFS. They declare this when, in their own studies, they are unable to detect XMRV. Instead of having a scientific intellectual curiosity, to get to the bottom of the differences, and do everything they can to find the truth, they simply declare that the WPI's work is contaminated, and that XMRV is not associated with CFS, for which they have no actual evidence.

Obviously, in a perfect world, there would be nothing to worry about. But I do worry about government becoming defensive about the XMRV research, especially when there are huge vested interests at play.

If XMRV was determined to be created in a lab, and propagated in the Human population via vaccines, then there would be enormous international claims for compensation from governments and the pharma industry, running into many multiple billions of dollars.

Hopefully my fears are unjustified, and everyone will want to find out the truth, but it isn't looking that way right now.

Also, if this retrovirus is highly infectious or vertically transmitted, then the infection rate has to be growing rapidly. Cover-ups are, generally speaking, only useful for limited events -- those that have a clear ending -- because the cover-up only has to last until no one cares anymore; it's either old news or everyone involved has died off. In a situation like this, where the infection is spreading, how can a cover-up be realistically maintained?

Well, the CDC has been doing a good job of covering up the truth about ME for 30 years or so, so the authorities could certainly use further delaying tactics. But ultimately, I agree with you, that the truth will have to come out. The only question is 'how long do we have to wait'?

markmc20001

It's a very interesting article, but I do worry about these claims being made loudly, because of the billions of dollars that the US government could invest in order to 'disprove' them. If the US government gets to hear that the WPI might have proof that vaccines might contain harmful retroviruses, then we're not going to see any more investment dollars in XMRV, and worse than that, there might be an orchestrated smear campaign against the WPI. It could be disastrous. Of course, if I believed that governments only ever acted in the best interests of the citizens, then I wouldn't be worried about it. But there's a lot of scientists, a lot of careers, a lot of companies, and a lot of money involved in producing vaccines. And a lot of US politicians are probably closely linked to big-pharma companies. Personally, I don't think that this is a theory that our community should be making much noise about until we have many more positive research papers published about XMRV.

No doubt it has already happened and is happeneing. You can bet your boody the drugs companies have been trying to prevent what just came out. I would argue that is what the 4 "might be contamination" papers from the UK are about. And the dried blood spot study.

THe problem is these government agengies have to manipulate people into doing their dirty work. It's gotten to the point where it is going to be difficult to manipulate all of their supporters given the truth that has come out and the gravity of their actions.

SilverbladeTE

They have SUCCESSFULLy covered up Gulf War Syndrome for 20 years! So damn right they cna cover up the reality of M.E.
the blueprints on exactly HOW to make such a medical cover up were created by the tobacco companies and were part of the court cases against those rat SOBS, go read up on that issue,so the governments, bureacricies, insurance ocmpanies or whoever, read them too!

Bob

No doubt it has already happened and is happeneing. You can bet your boody the drugs companies have been trying to prevent what just came out. I would argue that is what the 4 "might be contamination" papers from the UK are about. And the dried blood spot study.

THe problem is these government agengies have to manipulate people into doing their dirty work. It's gotten to the point where it is going to be difficult to manipulate all of their supporters given the truth that has come out and the gravity of their actions.

Luckily some of the drugs companies seem to be taking a very active interest in researching XMRV (See the latest article on the forum), so I think there is still a lot of hope for us, for many reasons, some of which Sickofcfs mentioned in her post, above. (I don't want to make out that it's all doom and gloom, as there is still a heck of a lot going for us with the XMRV research. e.g. the BWG studies and Lipkin's study, and Dr Singh, and Alter and Lo, etc. etc. etc.)

ukxmrv

SickofCFS,

Do you remember the UK Minister John Gummer at the height of the BSE problem in the UK? Look at the way in which he used his 4 year old daugher to try and convince us all was OK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/369625.stm

We simply do not know how all very powerful people treat their children.

Bob

Do you remember the UK Minister John Gummer at the height of the BSE problem in the UK? Look at the way in which he used his 4 year old daugher to try and convince us all was OK

Gosh, I'd forgotten about that...
Shortly after that PR stunt involving his daughter, where the minister told us that there wasn't a threat from BSE, the government slaughtered and incinerated almost every single cow in Britain, in order to get rid of BSE.

SilverbladeTE

SickofCFS,

God, I remember that, what a pukehead, ugh!!

IRRC, I think it was him who ordered the sheep farmers ot use sheep dip, regardless of need, changed the law, so much much more sheep dipping...with highly toxic organophosphates
many got sick, I think that was how Professor Hooper got into this area?

Anyway, whether him or not, government denied there was a problem, guess what, it was all "psychosomatic" and guess who said that? Oh yes, Mr Weasel! http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/news.php?id=2294#newspost
and the minister in charge left office and go nice job with the chemical company who made the sheep dip...