• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Let the World Know what You Think of WPI and PANDORA and get them $5,000

justinreilly

Easy Advocacy: Win WPI (or PANDORA) $5,000

guidestar.com is having a contest this month (February). The non-profit that gets the most reviews on their site gets $5,000. Please join me in putting up good reviews for WPI and PANDORA; as we all know they so deserve it. If nothing else, lots of good reviews will make potential donors who are diligent enough to research orgs more inclined to give $. The icing on the cake would be getting $5,000 for one of these great orgs.

WPI's guidestar page:
http://www2.guidestar.org/organizat...erson-institute-forneuro-immune-diseases.aspx

PANDORA's guidestar page:
http://www2.guidestar.org/organizat...roendocrineimmu-disorders-org-resech-adv.aspx

citybug

Thanks for finding that. That was a great review. I have to put one together.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well spotted, Justin! I've just done a review.

Worth noting that you don't have to put much - better just put something short than nothing - and it's easy to register, none of that faffing about replying to links in an email that they send you or anything like that. You just give an email address, choose a public name and a password and that's it. Whole thing took me about 5 minutes.

PANDORA

PANDORA
Dear Justin,
I want to thank you for your support of PANDORA. We had some difficulty registering for the Guide Star $5KGiveway, but we are now all set to go. It is important to know that while we would like very much to receive $5K, it is not the only goal we have. In fact we have been asking our supporters to post reviews on the site since last year. The reviews will benefit PANDORA for many reasons:
1) Words of encouragement and support for the work we do at PANDORA are priceless. It is nice to read them. It is appreciated by our volunteers, including our directors.
2) It can motivate the public to donate to PANDORA because there is a sense of respect, courtesy and trust towards what we do. It enhances financially our ability to deliver on our goals and objectives.
3) It is fitting that this is actually happening during the month of February and the community is showing some LOVE towards not only PANDORA but to WPI and other orgs too.
4) We encourage all of our supporters to show the same show of Love towards other organizations in our community, including Phoenix Rising and many of our state organizations, which for many years have been struggling with their fund raising too.

Thank you for sharing this efforts with others. I hope you will continue to spread the word. Thank you for all that you do.

guidestar.com is having a contest this month (February). The non-profit that gets the most reviews on their site gets $5,000. Please join me in putting up good reviews for WPI and PANDORA; as we all know they so deserve it. If nothing else, lots of good reviews will make potential donors who are diligent enough to research orgs more inclined to give $. The icing on the cake would be getting $5,000 for one of these great orgs.
4) It let us know that we are on the right track as well.

WPI's guidestar page:
http://www2.guidestar.org/organizat...erson-institute-forneuro-immune-diseases.aspx

PANDORA's guidestar page:
http://www2.guidestar.org/organizat...roendocrineimmu-disorders-org-resech-adv.aspx

beesknees

I have a quick question?
When filling out the review it asked- Should this review be counted for a specific campaign? One of the choices was contest. Do we need to select contest for it to count.

*GG*

Dear Justin,
I want to thank you for your support of PANDORA. We had some difficulty registering for the Guide Star $5KGiveway, but we are now all set to go. It is important to know that while we would like very much to receive $5K, it is not the only goal we have. In fact we have been asking our supporters to post reviews on the site since last year. The reviews will benefit PANDORA for many reasons:
1) Words of encouragement and support for the work we do at PANDORA are priceless. It is nice to read them. It is appreciated by our volunteers, including our directors.
2) It can motivate the public to donate to PANDORA because there is a sense of respect, courtesy and trust towards what we do. It enhances financially our ability to deliver on our goals and objectives.
3) It is fitting that this is actually happening during the month of February and the community is showing some LOVE towards not only PANDORA but to WPI and other orgs too.
4) We encourage all of our supporters to show the same show of Love towards other organizations in our community, including Phoenix Rising and many of our state organizations, which for many years have been struggling with their fund raising too.

Thank you for sharing this efforts with others. I hope you will continue to spread the word. Thank you for all that you do.

Why don't you send out an email to your members and/or make a special not in your newsletter? I know I am subscribed to your newsletter and do not recall seeing anything about this. FYI

GG

justinreilly

I have a quick question?
When filling out the review it asked- Should this review be counted for a specific campaign? One of the choices was contest. Do we need to select contest for it to count.

i emailed them and asked. when i wrote my reviews on feb 1 the only option you could choose was "no" so i asked them to make sure all of the reviews counted. i would think you should pick "contest". it would be a shame if every review didn't count. i'll let you know their response.

justinreilly

I have a quick question?

Guidestar said it didn't matter what you click, it will be counted, that's just for some kind of metrics they're doing.

usedtobeperkytina

Thank you everyone.

Here is a link to the last newsletter: https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/evaluate.rnav/pidN5nzPecEuQjjBzAqwRv7579

News in this newsletter:
CDC Petition
Interview with Dr. Jamie Deckoff-Jones
MCWPA ad results
Dr. Klimas recognized by alumni
Invisible movie maker interview
$5,000 possible through reviews to GuideStar
African Americans get NEIDS also
Upcoming meetings
NH Committee Considers Pain Law (about drugs)
Bill to Educate Doctors about Pain

Tina