• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Being and Thinking: the Quality of Life Blogs Begin :)

Singing HU

These blogs will focus on my attempt to access be-ing, so to speak, as I read different books and try different exercises

Hi Cort,

Thanks for the article; missed it the first time around. If you're interested in trying different exercises to help achieve some of your goals, you may be interested in one I discovered 30 some years ago that works well for me. Here's a 2-minute youtube video explaining a bit about it.

Singing HU

You mentioned, "It's all about bringing me back to the here and now......which is almost always a more relaxing and healthful place to be."

I've found singing HU helps me experience what you describe above. More importantly, it helps me keep my heart open, not always easy when dealing with the effects of chronic illness. Thought I'd pass this along in case you might have an interest. :)

Best Regards, Wayne