• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Roger Mazlen-New York

TheMoonIsBlue

Has anyone heard of this doctor, or seen him?

http://www.drmazlen.com/about-me

"Dr. Mazlen has been a catalyst for new viral and retroviral research. He is currently involved in original research on HHV#6/CMV/EB/Hepatitis C and endogenous retroviruses. Since the late 1970s, Dr. Mazlen has seen over a thousand cases of CFIDS and CFIDS-like disorders, a large majority of which attained significant improvement under his care. He serves as medical advisor to several CFIDS support groups. He has made numerous radio and television appearances to share his expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of CFIDS and speaks regularly on the topic."

"On the Good Doctor list of the CFIDS Association and recommended by Road Back Foundation, Dr. Mazlens internal medicine specialty draws upon more than 25 years of clinical experience to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with CFIDS, chronic infectious disease, Fibromialgia, multiple chemical sensistivities, heavy metal toxicity and immunologic dysfunction among others."

I cant say how he is from a patients perspective but I have had several conversations with him and was involved in one research project he participated in... so I would say he is worth while to try to see if its not to much a burden to get to his location. He seemed very kind, knowledgeable and understanding. He used to do a radio show on CFS that was awesome!! To bad the show stopped because it was a great source on details of current research.

*GG*

To bad the show stopped because it was a great source on details of current research.

Good to hear, seems that the show would have more to talk about these days?

I seee this Dr is on this website also: http://www.co-cure.org/USA_NY.htm

I am interested in CAAs: "On the Good Doctor list of the CFIDS Association and recommended by Road Back Foundation, Dr. Mazlen’s internal medicine specialty draws upon more than 25 years of clinical experience to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with CFIDS, chronic infectious disease, Fibromialgia, multiple chemical sensistivities, heavy metal toxicity and immunologic dysfunction among others."

Do you have the URL for that? Never heard of this before.

GG