• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Helicobacter Pylori

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Just been diagnosed with this bacterial infection of the stomach by Prof de Merleir, anyone tried any successful natural treatments? If not
looking increasingly likely I'm going to have to go down the antibiotic route.

Mij

Just been diagnosed with this bacterial infection of the stomach by Prof de Merleir, anyone tried any successful natural treatments? If not
looking increasingly likely I'm going to have to go down the antibiotic route.

I was treated for this several years ago. Forget the natural treatments, this is a serious infection that can lead to stomach cancer down the road. I took Clarithymiacin, Flagyl and Losac for one week. I also ate a lot of unpateurized organic sauerkraut to balance out my gut flora after. I'm fine now.

aquariusgirl

mary, what test did he use to diagnose it?
my impression is that dr yasko thinks everybody gets this....ie i think she suspects most of us with these conditions have it.. even when it is not showing up on tests.
I tested positive for it on a blood test a while back. My doc thought it was an old infection. I'm not so sure. I need to check my stool test.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'll let you know in time which test it was, I don't know as he told me over the phone. I took Flagyl once and it nearly killed me so am hoping the clarithromycin & amoxillin will do the trick if i have to take them.

SaraM

After taking natural stuff my doc ordered a stool test which came back positive. I then took antibiotics and anti acids for two weeks and was tested again . It was negative this time. GI ulcer and cancer are very common in my family.