• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there a lab which wants tissue samples from pt w M.E.?

HowToEscape?

I'm going in for a minor surgery (removing a lump) and recall that there was a lab or study which wanted tissue samples. Thought I saved the info, but can't find who/where that is.

Is there such a lab which wants samples as of now?

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
Hi Howto - Great idea.

Send an email directly to Judy Mikovits, or the WPI. I'm sure they will either want it themselves, or will know where you can send it. She will be especially interested if you tested positive for XMRV, or if not yet tested, perhaps she will run one for you in any case.

Failing that - try Dr Singh at Utah (who did the autopsy studies on the Macaque monkeys).

omerbasket

I'm going in for a minor surgery (removing a lump) and recall that there was a lab or study which wanted tissue samples. Thought I saved the info, but can't find who/where that is.

Is there such a lab which wants samples as of now?
I don't know about such labs, but I would propose this to Dr. Singh. She have done studies on XMRV in tissues, and she is currently studying XMRV in blood of patients with ME/CFS. She has the technology to find XMRV in tissues (I don't know if every time XMRV is there, but at least in some of those times).