• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Zeolite, anyone?

Dainty

I'm considering trying Zeolite. Has anyone else done so? What form/brand did you take and what were the results, if any?

Zeolite is a volcanic mineral that adsorbs pollutants. It is considered a detox supplement.

I'm mainly looking at this page. Debra Lynn Dadd is a non-toxic consumer's advocate with MCS who's done boatloads of research. I've been following her for years and frankly, I trust her when she says this is an excellent product despite the fact that it's multilevel marketing and has all the indicators of "too good to be true", complete with a hefty price tag.

I don't expect much of anything out of miracle cures anymore. BUT I do have very severe MCS, and the slightest possibility that something might help relieve life-threatening symptoms is something I'm willing to try.

I'm jjust wondering if anyone has thoughts to add.

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
I found it useless, but I find most supplements useless or worse. On the other hand, high doses of chlorella pyrenodoisa helped tremendously a few years back. Then it stopped working. So, what? Just one of those spontaneous remissions followed by a relapse and not associated with the chlorella? probably!

Cholestyramine and chlorella are for binding toxins like zeolite. Maybe those were GG's thoughts.

Snez

Hi Dainty,
I think Dreambirdie has tried zeolite with negative results. You could PM and ask about her experiences.
I have considered trying zeolite myself as I heard good things about it but wasn't sure if it was all hyped up.

Dainty

I found it useless, but I find most supplements useless or worse.

Thank you for replying. I've also foudn most supplements "useless or worse", but the key word is "most"....every once in a great while I find one that helps, tand the hope of htat is hte reason I keep tryign them. If nothing else I can add it to the list of things I can say I tried.

What brand did you try, do you remember? The reason I feel it's important is because according to what I've read it seems important to get a kind that has been purified so that it's open to bind to stuff. If it's already full of other pollutants it isn't going to do anything in your body, not anything good anyway.

One reason I'm looking into this kin dis because rather than goign through the intestines it's supposed to be excreted through your kidneys and you urine it out 6-8 hours after taking it. That seems a lot easier to keep track of and a lot more doable for me than some of htis other stuff that goes through my intestines. My intestines don't like to be messed with. :p

Hi Dainty,
I think Dreambirdie has tried zeolite with negative results. You could PM and ask about her experiences.
I have considered trying zeolite myself as I heard good things about it but wasn't sure if it was all hyped up.

Thanks, Snez. Hopefully this thread will help you figure out if you want to take the plunge or not. I've concluded that research notwithstanding, in the end I just have to decide if it's something I want to do.

Here's a quote from the link:

The Clinoptilolite Zeolite molecule is shaped like a honey-comb, full of cavities and channels. Because zeolite carries a natural negative (-) charge, all of the positively charged (+) heavy metals, toxins, and harmful chemicals bond with the zeolite and are flushed out through the urine within 6-8 hours.

But all liquid zeolite products are not the same. The one I am taking has undergone a unique process that removes anything that may already be in the honeycomb structure of the zeolite, leaving the cavities completely open to collect the toxins from your body.

This specific liquid zeolite is different from any other type of detox because the zeolite particles are small enough to move into the blood stream and into every cell of your body where the toxins are buried. It cleanses your entire system--every cell--and then is safely and completely excreted through the kidneys.

I know it's a sales pitch. It's the tired story of "THIS product is superior because...." hovever, this part does make sense to me. I work with activated carbon (charcoal) and it works similarly, except it cannot be purified. Once it's used up it's useless for the purpose. And activated carbon definitely works--not necessary as a supplement but if you've swallowed something poisonous the medics will administer it right away, because it literally binds up the poisons in your stomach and renders them harmless so your body can safely pass them. So applying that to zeolite I know that the concept is true, and I know that the problem of already having toxins bound to it is a genuine issue. Apparently it does to the bloodstream what activated carbon does to the stomach.

But is it really possible to "purify" it? Does it actually get inside cells? Will it cause intolerable side effects? Doe sit actually work? Don't know, don't know, don't know.

*sigh*

Jenny

I tried zeolite a couple of years ago for 2 months. I felt slightly better while using it, but I fluctuate a lot anyway so I can't say it definitely helped. I certainly didn't have any problems with it.

Jenny

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
but the key word is "most"....every once in a great while I find one that helps, tand the hope of htat is hte reason I keep tryign them. If nothing else I can add it to the list of things I can say I tried.

What brand did you try, do you remember?
You're absolutely right, the keyword is "most." I wouldn't trade the few "good" months I thought the chlorella gave me for the world! Wish I had them again!
The brand I tried was Waiora. As you already said, your quote sounds remarkably like a sales pitch.
Oh my, the collective money we've all forked over. It's only second to the collective hope we've all put into the pursuit of "the one/s that will work!" It's a crime against humanity.

Dainty

Thank you for the replies.

I saw my doctor today (Dr. Buscher) and asked his opinion of it. He was familiar with it and said he thinks it's worth trying.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Dainty

As you already said, your quote sounds remarkably like a sales pitch.

Just to clarify, Susan, it's clearly presented as a "sales pitch". THe one writing it, Debra Lynn Dadd, freely admits that she is a seller, so there's nothing sneaky going on here.

The thing is, Debra Lynn Dadd is a non-toxic consumer's advocate and has written books on the subject. She does all her own research and has a wealth of information that you can't find anywhere else. So this isn't just some seller trying to make a fast buck by repeating the party line, this is someone who knows her stuff and says up front: hey, I know this sounds too good to be true, I know most MLM stuff is junk, and I'm admiting that I'm a seller. The reason I became a seller is that this is the real deal." Frankly, I'm apt to trust someone who willingly spends hours and hours calling up companies and drudging through technical documents to find out the true safety and toxicity of products and their effects on our bodies. Again, there's nothing sneaky going on, she's upfront about everything.

That still doesn't mean it will work for me. But I guess what it comes down to is that I trust Debra (been following her writings for years) and I trust my doctor (a veteran in the field of MCS) and I am personally up to giving it a go. :)

Frank

I've read there are many differences in product quality. I think you should watch out and use one with low rates of contaminants.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've read there are many differences in product quality. I think you should watch out and use one with low rates of contaminants.

Dainty,

Frank is right. I know that there is a problem with contaminants in some products--can't remember which. I had a doc who prescribed it. He used whatever Drs. Cowden and Klinghardt were using and I believe they had investigated it thoroughly. You might look on Klinghardt's website and see if he is selling a certain form of zeolite.

Sushi

Dainty

Thank you for the replies.

I realize the importance of getting one without contaminents...after all, the mineral by its very nature adsorbs contaminents so I can imagine it'd be a difficult feat. That's why I requested people specify which brand or at least which form (liquid or powder) they took.

The brand Debra recommends has gone through a purification process to remove contaminents.

I tried to research Klinghardt and zeolite, but came up empty. When I researched Cowden and zeolite I finally came to Nuramedix (watch out for sound) that sells "Cowen support program." What I haven't found is any info from Cowen or his patients saying that he does recommend this brand and if so why. Even more concerning to me is that the company does not offer any info on their product, only that it is zeolite. There's no information on contaminents or lack thereof.

There just isn't a lot I can do with no information. If anyone can find more info that'd be great.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
When I researched Cowden and zeolite I finally came to Nuramedix that sells "Cowen support program." What I haven't found is any info from Cowen or his patients saying that he does recommend this brand and if so why. Even more concerning to me is that the company does not offer any info on their product, only that it is zeolite. There's no information on contaminents or lack thereof.

Hey Dainty,

Yes, Nutramedix is the brand Cowden recommends. My doc was trained by Klinghardt and Cowden and he said that Cowden said this brand was free of contaminants. So you would just have to trust Cowden--and you have no particular reason to! He will be very cautious about anything on the internet as he has been "chased" by the FDA.

I have taken a lot of Nutramedix products and they seem good. Also, one of the well-known CFS docs (don't want to name her on the internet) uses this brand.

I know, it is hard to know who to believe on supplements.

Best,
Sushi

Dainty

Well see, the thing is, this other brand offers information as well as third party certification that it is free of contaminents (http://www.toxics-health.com/sites/toxics-health.com/files/pro_ncd_safety_letter.pdf) The document also states, "Moreover, the activation process removes trace heavy metals often found naturally in the unprocessed mineral..."

I will keep Nutramedix in mind, but despite my efforts of researching it I'm just not finding any evidence or information.

Wayne

ZeoForce Zeolite 400 Gram Powder

Hi Dainty,

I tried Waiora zeolite a few years ago after my ND/DC recommended them to me. He hadn't had much experience himself, but had been receiving some remarkable testimonials from some of his colleagues whose patients were doing very well with it.

I remember a story he told me of one guy whose dog was riddled with cancer and was encouraged by his vet to have him put to sleep. He decided to spend a few extra days with his dog before doing so, and sort of impulsively decided to start putting zeolite drops in his dogs water during this time. When they returned to the vet a few days later, he was told his dog no longer had the cancer.

Anyway, I tried it and found myself to be very reactive to it. Even a single drop would cause a lot of vertigo and disorientation. Just too much for my system at the time. I'm not sure why I didn't think of doing 1/2 drops, or diluted even further; that might have worked. I guess my point is that you may want to start very, very slowly if you are also quite reactive to things like this.

Final thought: I was at a local spa a few weeks ago (sort an alternative one with FIR saunas, etc.) and met a man who was a body worker for many years, and seemed to be very well tuned into all things regarding natural health. He told me what he thought was the best zeolite product on market. I can't vouch for it, but thought I would pass it along for your consideration.

ZeoForce™ Zeolite 400 Gram Powder

I have it it mind to order it myself and give it a try. If I do, I'll let you know how it goes. I read some of what Debra Lynn Dadd had to say about Vaiora, and it does sound like it has potential. These days, I tend to rely more on what credible people share than a lot of other stuff out there to choose from. Best of luck if you decide to give this a try.

Wayne

valentinelynx

A chance to tell my Zeolite story...

Cuz someone I like felt the need to pass on her enthusiasm after listening to some MLM spiel about the wonders of zeolite, I decided it was harmless enough to try. No reason to think it wouldn't help clear heavy metals. Just wasn't sure that heavy metals were/are a significant issue for me.

Well, I had no particular noticeable benefit or harm from using the stuff for a few weeks.

That is, until one fine afternoon when I PASSED 4 KIDNEY STONES! They're not kidding when "they" say how much that hurts... First time we ever called 911.

The long story is that I had been have microscopic hematuria (blood in urine only seen on lab tests) consistently for at least 15 years, a lab result that was ignored by every physician who'd ordered a UA. Most likely they thought it was contamination, as I'm female, and didn't bother to wonder about prior test for comparison. I'd wondered, but not made anything of it. Well, of course, one of the primary causes of hematuria is kidney stones. (Cancer is another, but I figured if it was cancer I'd have been dead long ago.)

So, my conclusion is that zeolite does in fact get absorbed and work to dissolve mineral deposits. It appears to have broken up a long standing stone in my left kidney sufficiently for me to pass it. I no longer have microscopic hematuria, which tells me that the stone is gone.

I would have been perfectly happy for that stone to stay where it was!

:D

YMMV...

Frank

I have ordered the Zeoforce product, along with Niacin. I will be trying following protocol in one of the following weeks (tell me what your thoughts are?):
1)Niacin Flush
2)Take zeolite and chlorella
3)Little bit of excercise, if possible
4) IR sauna
5) shower
6) Rest and drink water

(for bedbound people this is probably not doable)

leaves

I found it useless, but I find most supplements useless or worse. On the other hand, high doses of chlorella pyrenodoisa helped tremendously a few years back. Then it stopped working. So, what? Just one of those spontaneous remissions followed by a relapse and not associated with the chlorella? probably!

Cholestyramine and chlorella are for binding toxins like zeolite. Maybe those were GG's thoughts.

I had the same experience with high dose chlorella !!