• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anybody trying Protandim?

i finally went to see a CFS doctor and in fact he believes that i do have some sort of retrovirus because of the symptoms and he said that he could start me on HIV meds right away if i wanted to but the cost would be $1000-$1500a month which i don't have, he also suggested doing a LND, cycloferon and Protandim therapy he said any combination of these 3 would have most likely good results, he also suggested Glutathione and vitamin injections bi-weekly it sounds like he actually knows what he is talking about hopefully this will turn into a good treatment for me ...im just wondering if anybody here is currently using Protandim and what are your results....

I've got a sister using Protandim for this. Its been working very well, I use it for other things, and love it too.

Got it from studynrf2.com

It used to be in GNC, but no longer, you have to get it through their distributors, but its cheaper than it was in GNC, so that's a plus for me.

I've got a sister using Protandim for this. Its been working very well, I use it for other things, and love it too.

Got it from studynrf2.com

It used to be in GNC, but no longer, you have to get it through their distributors, but its cheaper than it was in GNC, so that's a plus for me.

Thanks a lot for the info i will check it out for sure..

Protandim worked for me

I was doing research on Protandim and this thread came up. I can't say what would happen for everyone, but I had a great improvement in CFS symptoms using it. I have done a lot of work trying to restore my health with MDs, Naturopathic and Chinese doctors, homeopathy, an Ayurvedic spa, you name it. I had improved somewhat, but couldn't seem to get any farther (I'm 56 and had stage 3 ovarian cancer when I was 25, I believe I had high levels of pesticide exposure as well as heavy metals from art materials, as I aged, more health issues came up and my immune system dived).

Maybe I should just mention that Protandim is a combination of 5 Ayurvedic and Chinese herbs that have an unusually powerful synergistic effect. Protandim greatly reduces both oxidative stress and inflammation.

Initially, I felt a boost for a couple days, then I had about a month of some detoxification symptoms-some headaches, lower energy, aches, etc. This was annoying but not severe. After that, I started to feel more energy and various issues like joint inflammation were clearing up. It's 6 months later and I can honestly say that I feel really good for the first time in 7 years, and am far more productive than I have been in a long time. Many of my friends are also taking it and have had improvement with many varied conditions, from restless legs to asthma. I don't have enough basis for comparison on CFS to say what it does for everyone, but I think it is well worth trying.

I would recommend at least 3 months of trial to see what it does. I hear that most people don't experience detox symptoms. If you do, you could back the dose down a bit until it subsides, then go back to a full capsule. The usual dose is one a day. I do take 2 sometimes when I am under greater stress. It is best to take it with food, earlier in the day. A little fat content in the food is supposed to help some of the herbs absorb better.

I think that oxidative stress and inflammation were both big for me. Studies on Protandim show it reduces oxidative stress (free radical damage) by 40% in the first month and up to 70% in 4 months. They don't talk about inflammation as much but it is listed in all three of their patents. I no longer take massive doses of fish oil and other herbals for inflammation control, this has handled it. More information is available at http://www.antidotetoaging.com You could go to http://www.pubmed.gov and search Protandim to see the published studies they have on it so far, 7 in number, but many more are in process.

It takes a little study to wrap your head around what this supplement does, it is not the same as other antioxidants. It actually stimulates the genes to produce your body's own antioxidant enzymes through the Nrf2 pathway. It results in your body producing much higher levels of SOD, catalase, glutathione and other powerful enzymes. I'm guessing from my study on glutathione that it may be what really helped me. It helps the body detoxify and greatly supports the nervous system and brain. My mom had Parkinson's and that goes along with low glutathione levels. They know that Protandim raises glutathione by 300%.

Another good sign is that I have not been sick since I started on it, no colds, sore throats, etc. I did hit the echinacea here and there if I thought I felt anything trying to get into my respiratory tract, but I was able to fight it off.

In the end, I'm just happy to feel better, and I am now focused on sharing it. :D

m1she11e

A very nice couple recently talked to me about this product. It is supposed to increase Glutathione by almost 400%. Anyone else here used it or have any thoughts on it.

Are you still getting good results Athena?