• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Tuha

Where are the results? I think I need to hear something positive after all contamination stuffs during the last days. ok, some more hours

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I can see the judge's panel now, slumped around a long table, perplexed looks upon their faces.
"Yes, yes, it's the clear winner....But turnips? We're going to reward a bunch of turnips? It is amazing they left the comfort of their garden beds to make this superior video. But do we want the world to know turnips use neti pots? Is this the right image?" Throwing their arms into the air, circles of sweat beading on their brows, "We need more time for this, more time...." :D

:) I'm crossing my fingers! It would be really helpful, that's for sure.

Do they have to use the video's that they pick for something official?

frenchtulip

Just checked the videos in the top 5 spots based on no. of votes. "Believe" and "Turnips are the two most creative, but "Believe" doesn't have many comments. Based on the judging criteria, my prediction is: "Turnips" is going to win big!!!

helen41

Another twist to this is that on their page they have increased the prize money from $30,000 total (two contests at $15,000 each) to $50,000. I questioned that on their Facebook wall and got this response "Hi Helen, Initially NeilMed declared a total prize of $30,000. However, the response was really overwhelming and we decided to give away more money".
There have been more questions since but no answer, so I guess we just have to wait another 11 hours..

leela

Do they have to use the video's that they pick for something official?

I dunno...I was just riffing on how the Neilmed judges might be agonizing...and on how we PWTurnips seem to make so many people uncomfortable....:innocent1:

helen41

when the video was submitted, they took all rights to it, so they can do whatever they like with any of the videos.
Leela and Merry, you two should just carry on and provide the entertainment while we wait! Riff away!

leela

"It's not just more time we need...It's more money! Look at those poor little turnips...It looks like they sold most of their clothes just to buy the NeilMed Neti pot! And do you see how stiffly they move? It looks like Post Exhertional Malaise, and yet still they soldier on, singing the glories of the Netipot...Heros, really, little tuberous heroes all."

ETA: Okay I guess technically turnips are not tubers. In which case they could be called "radical" heros!

Merry

Surely that's just what the judges are thinking, leela. Who couldn't adore and admire those turnips? They deserve $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Uh, until now I hadn't thought about the turnips not having clothes, or not many. Thanks for pointing this out. I like the turnip with the cap, the one that pushes the container of water to the Netipot, whining a little with the effort. Also that scene on the side of the sink is great: "Open your mouth." If only I could watch that video again. . . . this time with commentary by the director and select turnips.

But off to bed now. Here's hoping for good news tomorrow.

helen41

i'm so sorry. I don't know what happened, but we are not posted as winners in the contest. None of the top 5 in either contest won. The only explanation I can come up wih is that they changed their own rules, since at least one of the winners entered only 24 hours before the end and had only 4 comments.

here is the link http://www.neilmed.com/usa/vc_winners.php

Merry

The only explanation I can come up wih is that they changed their own rules, since at least one of the winners entered only 24 hours before the end and had only 4 comments.

here is the link http://www.neilmed.com/usa/vc_winners.php

Not the way to run a contest, NeilMed. NeilMed, your mother is a hamster.

I'm sorry, Helen. Sorry, Cort.

Nonetheless, I did have fun - enjoyed the comments and camaraderie - and I look forward to working with you all again on another project. Maybe a Chase contest in 2011?

leela

Darn! I was sure the little turnips had won the hearts of all...Either way, a great video, helen, and lots of fun waiting it out with you all. It was *such* a lovely idea to divide the winnings amongst such worthy orgs. We'll find another way :)
This disappointing news is at least somewhat abated by the good news Judy and Annette gave us yesterday, alluding to treatment options by next year. Let's cheer up our little turnip hearts with that hopeful prospect...

Frank

This is weird, they said they would take views and votes into account..?? Better leave out the voting next time contest organisers!