• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bumping... actually I think we would probably get fewer votes than views because I at least visited more than once to check that my sig link was working etc. and I expect others might have made a few visits for similar technical reasons. The same will be true of the competing videos, I expect.

I think it's great that we are in with a good chance of winning thousands of $$$ just for a few mouse clicks! Really looking forward to seeing how we do.

Last day! Last day to vote!

helen41

So what does the judging part of this contest entail? Or, what are the judges looking for? I think you have explained some of this, but coud you refresh my memory, Helen?

Thank you.
All things being equal, it sounds like it goes strictly on votes, but judges may remove entries if they decide they "do not adequately satisfy the Creative Requirements, Technical Requirements, and/or the spirit of the Contest"
"Various parameters will be considered for deciding the winning video such as total number of views of the video, the number of votes received by the video, creativity and originality of the video, use of material from NeilMed toolbox, and clarity and accuracy of the messages"

helen41

we're at 3rd with only 5 hours to go. Now it is back to the judges, who will ensure everyone was fair in the contest and will announce the winners on Dec 20th. Right now it looks like it could be a $3000 win. Not so shabby! Still, we can't celebrate too early. Any last minute votes and/or comments on the contest page would be appreciated

Dolphin

Bumping... actually I think we would probably get fewer votes than views because I at least visited more than once to check that my sig link was working etc. and I expect others might have made a few visits for similar technical reasons.
Yes, I know that. My point was that the number of views should really be a maximum for the number of votes (and anything else is suspicious). And that looking at the lowest number of views of videos above us gives us an idea of the maximum amount of votes they have and if they have less views than us, should tell us that we got less votes than that i.e. helps indicate how many votes we got more accurately than looking at our views.

Dolphin

Maybe future appeals e.g. Chase Community Giving (or maybe that's not the best example) need to appeal to people's "greed" e.g. if I had known about it earlier I would have been willing to give something like that to attract voters from "Freebies for Friends" for this vote:
Diana Lynch is donating tonight a $5.00 Amazon gift card please go to http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq...tries/9660132?ogn=facebook&order=votes&ref=mf and vote on her video. Come back here and tell me you did it.

helen41

I wonder how many gift cards?
Money is important to run things, I'm glad I did this, it would never have gotten anywhere without the core group who have promoted it every single day, but I'm so grateful it's done. We did our best. I for one will sleep for a few days, then try to catch up on the threads about the disease!

frenchtulip

This is the kind of spirit I love to see! Thanks to Helen for all her effort and to everyone who viewed, commented, and voted!

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
This is the kind of spirit I love to see! Thanks to Helen for all her effort and to everyone who viewed, commented, and voted!

Everyone congratulations on the achievements, fingers crossed for the judging round.

This would be an amazing win...I really can't tell you how great it would be for Phoenix Rising!

For some reason I thought the Judges would pick the final winners - not simply kick out the wrong contestants...I guess I was wrong ????

What an incredible set of contests - neither of which would have happened without Helen, and of course, everybody's support. In a timer when money is in such short supply I am deeply grateful for your efforts - no matter what happens.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
You did an absolutely brilliant job Helen, fingers crossed now for the results.

*GG*

This would be an amazing win...I really can't tell you how great it would be for Phoenix Rising!

For some reason I thought the Judges would pick the final winners - not simply kick out the wrong contestants...I guess I was wrong ????

What an incredible set of contests - neither of which would have happened without Helen, and of course, everybody's support. In a timer when money is in such short supply I am deeply grateful for your efforts - no matter what happens.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And I am grateful for this Forum! Thanks Cort and everyone out there that helps raise awareness and money for our Causes and support systems!!

GG

helen41

They have a countdown clock here-http://www.neilmed.com/usa/videocontest.php
Midnight on Sun, PST. I presume we will just see it on the webpage. My most of my sleeping happens in the early part of the night, so don't wait for me to post. Right now I'm quietly chanting "winner, winner, winner, winner"

Tuha

They changed the day when they will announce the results - it will be on the 22th of december.

leela

I can see the judge's panel now, slumped around a long table, perplexed looks upon their faces.
"Yes, yes, it's the clear winner....But turnips? We're going to reward a bunch of turnips? It is amazing they left the comfort of their garden beds to make this superior video. But do we want the world to know turnips use neti pots? Is this the right image?" Throwing their arms into the air, circles of sweat beading on their brows, "We need more time for this, more time...." :D

Merry

I can see the judge's panel now, slumped around a long table, perplexed looks upon their faces.
"Yes, yes, it's the clear winner....But turnips? We're going to reward a bunch of turnips? It is amazing they left the comfort of their garden beds to make this superior video. But do we want the world to know turnips use neti pots? Is this the right image?" Throwing their arms into the air, circles of sweat beading on their brows, "We need more time for this, more time...." :D

Funny, leela. You could be right. I like your "Slow But Hopeful."

helen41

I'm just itching to post this on the Nelimed Facebook wall! I wish I could. Hilarious