• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Protecting the Nation's Blood Supply. Not!" Campaign and video (Nov 30, 2010)

Gemini

can you or anyone tell us who the person to submit testimony is and how to contact them? where did you get this above quote? do you have a website?

Rivka,

Quote's from the "Blood Products Advisory Committee
December 14-15 Meeting Announcement" on another
PR thread in the XMRV Media, Blogs, Events section.
Post #1 on that thread.

They refer to a contact person in the announcement
but don't give a name, e-mail or phone number.
It certainly is confusing! How do they expect anyone
to contact them?

The only thing I did find someplace were these
people who are working on the meeting. Perhaps
a place to start:

pearline.muckelvene@fda.hhs.gov
Bryan.emery@fda.hhs.gov

Hope this helps. There are multiple threads
going on this topic and it's a bit confusing.

RivkaRivka

thanks! i, too, found those email addresses and did already email them to ask. i suggested they contact wanda jones if they wanted guidance on how to do this.

Carrigon

The Red Cross' statement is still a bit wishy washy. Sounds like they will only turn away people who tell them they have it. But it is a small victory that they gave the statement. They need alot more pressure put on them.

RivkaRivka

okay. so let's think about it some more.

the full impact of your video is visual so I'm now
wondering if there's a way to get it to one of the
DC area TV stations that might cover the meeting
next week?

gemini, i sent you a PM on this...

leela

I think this is a great door-opening to a deeper issue with the blood supply--which is why are they not using the technology
(forgot the name right now--it was in a thread here somewhere) available to filter out all pathogens from donated blood, rather than screen for a select and limited array of known ones? For heaven's sake the TSA and Homeland Security can deploy backscatter xray mobile units for sporting events and street trolling, install them in airports, and hang tvs in Walmarts across the nation telling shoppers to spy on each other...and they can't deploy a simple machine that filters clean the lifeblood of human beings? <gargantuan sigh> I know it's a little off-topic from Rivka's amazing advocacy effort, but it seems like this issue lies at the heart of it all--steps well beyond those currently taken are needed to protect the blood supply.

George

waitin' fer rabbits
I think this is a great door-opening to a deeper issue with the blood supply--which is why are they not using the technology
(forgot the name right now--it was in a thread here somewhere) available to filter out all pathogens from donated blood, rather than screen for a select and limited array of known ones? For heaven's sake the TSA and Homeland Security can deploy backscatter xray mobile units for sporting events and street trolling, install them in airports, and hang tvs in Walmarts across the nation telling shoppers to spy on each other...and they can't deploy a simple machine that filters clean the lifeblood of human beings? <gargantuan sigh> I know it's a little off-topic from Rivka's amazing advocacy effort, but it seems like this issue lies at the heart of it all--steps well beyond those currently taken are needed to protect the blood supply.

AMEN sister AMEN!