• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: The IGIVE Video Contest is OVER! Thanks Everyone - Now Vote for the Winning C00-Nonprofit

It looks like the various dog rescue efforts that are ahead of us had well-organized efforts that started very early - perhaps a little too well-organized since it appears some of their votes didn't pass auditing.

We do have some advantages over most other groups - we aren't away from our computers as much (the internet tends to quiet down a lot on weekends and holidays) and we have large international numbers. So I think we can keep moving toward closing the gap, while at least some of the coonhound aficionados are away for the Thanksgiving holiday.

We are solidly in the winners circle now. It looks like we would need at least 170 votes a day to move up to the next prize. Pretty difficult. It would take only 280 more votes to give Pandora another $150. I think we should focus on Pandora for a bit, while keeping an eye on the rear view mirror...
I think it was a great suggestion, Leaves!

Look at how far we've come and all the groups we've passed up! :victory::victory:

Thank you everybody! :D:D

I agree let's keep an eye on PR and make sure it stays in the top 8 - and then help out Pandora at the same time. ;);)

I have been voting every day.

There are currently 1,200 active members on this forum.
I they all decide to vote tomorrow, we can double our votes.
You can each be part of raising money for the forum you are benefiting from.

so take two minutes off you time and vote!

I just looked to see where Pandora was, and saw a discrepancy in the rules. They say that voting is over as of "Sunday, Nov 30 2010 at 11:59 CT" I don't know if we actually have until Tues the 30th to gather another 185 votes or only until Sun to do it. I can contribute 7....

People need to start voting for PR again - it's dropped to 9th (there's a gap in the prize money between 8th and 9th). Remember your last vote of the day is the one that counts so you can still do your vote for Nov 29th for PR. I think PANDORA is out of the running - it's at 25th (172 votes) and still a long way from 18th (307 votes).

Change your signatures also.

I just had to take one more look at the clip before it's gone. It really is s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o CUTE !!! She did such a great job and in such a short time! Hats off to you!!!

Yes, it is cute - I love that earnest, worried onion (?) with the moustache, his eyes looking into the distance as he contemplates the unknowable future... it's got everything, that video...

The last 24 hours have been brutal. I keep thinking they are treating us like dogs!:Retro wink:
There are only 3 1/2 hours to go and we are 94 votes ahead of 7th place. As long as we remain above them we win. Truthfully, I think we won anyway.
Yes, we are all sick, but we still managed to skyrocket to the top, then when they took our votes, we fought back. I was proud to be part of this team and to focus on something other than limits for a change. Thank-you

The last 24 hours have been brutal. I keep thinking they are treating us like dogs!:Retro wink:
There are only 3 1/2 hours to go and we are 94 votes ahead of 7th place. As long as we remain above them we win. Truthfully, I think we won anyway.
Yes, we are all sick, but we still managed to skyrocket to the top, then when they took our votes, we fought back. I was proud to be part of this team and to focus on something other than limits for a change. Thank-you

Did we get it???!!!????

Subject to audit, PR would win $250 gaining 7th place! Great video Helen!!! Yeah, it was nice to have something else very positive to put some attention into. And to all who of us who voted, sustained applause!