• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pepsi & McDonalds to write UK Health Policy

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
If anyone had any lingering hopes as to the intelligence of the UK's health policy writers before now, read this and laugh hysterically.

It is no wonder that the UK is the dire economic shape it is on the world stage today, when medically illiterate MP's invite business interests to shape the health of the nation's people in this way and presumably put profit before common sense:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/nov/12/mcdonalds-pepsico-help-health-policy

And they want us to go back to work on this diet?

There is no icon on the board to convey what I'm thinking right now.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Is there one for 'we're all going to die and go to Hell'? Sorry - fuming & mightily p***** off today.

Just checked - no, guess there's a gap in the smileyface market there. Have an icepack, picture! :headache: Or better still, some real-life chocolate. Some days are just like that... mine was the "House of Lords" day last week, but it wears off eventually...

rlc

Cool Ronald Mcdonalds going to save us all (thats sarcasm by the way LOL) i hope i wake up soon and find that what i just read in this post was just a bad dream, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
It is no wonder that the UK is the dire economic shape it is on the world stage today, when medically illiterate MP's invite business interests to shape the health of the nation's people in this way and presumably put profit before common sense:

They're not "medically illiterate", they are on "the take" just like ever damned political leader in every damned nation on the planet.

The medical industry, of the entire planet, couldn't care less about healing people. The one and only thing they care about... is profit.