• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Igive turnip video...

Tony

Still working on it all..
Moving on from the other igive thread...Sasha's 'voting for a turnip video' idea...:)

I'm sticking with the important thing here...turnips! Well, it could represent us...you can't see the veg unless you pull it out of the ground just like ME/CFS needs investigaton to see the real thing. It looks just like another plant (healthy folk)....just musing...its a quirky idea at least...:) The igive competition did ask for a short fun video...so I'm now officially crazy for turnips!

Who'd like to put together a 2 minute video?...turnips optional. All vegies welcome (represents how some feel at times anyway, vegetative state). I'd vote for it and vote often...:)

There seem to be only 32 videos up as yet....so if whoever has the ability to make a video enters it we still get $50 for being in the first 100.

I invite you all to my place for a turnip based dinner so long as you Vote 1 Turnips! (or anything else we can get 2 mins of video of....)

L'engle

moogle
Well, I for one feel like a turnip today. I think I'll go burrow back underground for a bit. I'd vote for a turnip video, yes I would.

frenchtulip

Catchy idea

In my experience, people generally look condescendingly at the lowly turnip. A catchy turnip video would be the perfect way to represent the attitude that many people have toward ME/CFS.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yup, there is a PWC = turnip angle there that I hadn't thought of! Vegetating, definitely...

alex3619

Hi, There is another reason to vote if supporting Phoenix Rising isn't enough. This brings attention to our cause, and may help spread a little more understanding in the community. Bye, Alex

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi, There is another reason to vote if supporting Phoenix Rising isn't enough. This brings attention to our cause, and may help spread a little more understanding in the community. Bye, Alex

Yes, and people may start to wonder why we are having to compete with dogs' homes for funding! :eek:

Dolphin

As I mentioned in another thread, people can have a sig till the end of November plugging the vote around PR. Go forth and convert! :D
I know people may think this didn't need to be said explicitly but some people don't read sigs (but some do or do occasionally).