• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new on empowher "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: 10 Things I've Lost To CFS"

kat0465

as usual, a Great article Jody :) you certainly have your thinkin cap back on!!! wish i could remember where i left mine at....... it's probably in the fridge,where by the way i found my bottle of aspirin i was missing!!!!!

Jody

kat,

I do stuff like that too. I was filling the sugar bowl (guilty pleasure, a small cup of coffee with cream and sugar after dinner every night) and almost poured the sugar from the bag into my cup instead of the sugar bowl. Have burned the bottoms of pots and pans because I've forgotten I had something on the stove. (That one makes me nervous.:eek:)

I often forget what I was doing. But for some reason, thankfully, I am again able to write for hours.

But two years ago I could hardly write my name without becoming exhausted and having to go to bed. And even a year ago, I was writing alot but in this past year the amount of time and concentration I could give it has grown.

I can't guarantee that it will happen for everyone with CFS. But, if it could happen for me after being a vegetable for so long ... well, anything is possible.

kat0465

Jody,
did you see a naturopath or a holistic doc?? the one that gave you the god awful tasting stuff to drink. i have seen something similar to what she gave you on a few websites. but dont want to take anything without being supervised by someone, i am so ready to get my life back before im really old a decrepit, i'd try just about anything.

although im scared of the harder stuff. antivirals and things. just reading your posts have given me hope :)
thanks
Kat

liverock

Jody

Talking about leaving things on the stove and forgetting about them,reminded me about a recent incident. I had put 2 eggs in a pan of water to boil and went away and sure enough about 15 minutes later there was a loud bang as if someone had broken down a door.:innocent1:

When I had drawn up enough courage to venture into the kitchen I found the eggs had dried up and exploded and bits of the shells had embedded themselves into the walls. I'm just glad I wasnt walking througth the kitchen when it happened. :D

I am so sorry to hear that your church seems to have abandoned you after all the work you have put in. Always remember though, God has promised never to abandon us and he is faithful, unlike humans.

Having been through all the stages of this disease over 20 years and tried every doctor (I could afford!), I am back to placing my hope in the promises of God and your obvious heartfelt article reminded me of a very pertinent one from the book of Joel.

" I will restore to you the years the locusts have taken away" Joel 2:25

I think most of us would say Amen to that and may this promise come true for you and your family real soon. :thumbsup:

Jody

Jody,
did you see a naturopath or a holistic doc?? the one that gave you the god awful tasting stuff to drink. i have seen something similar to what she gave you on a few websites. but dont want to take anything without being supervised by someone, i am so ready to get my life back before im really old a decrepit, i'd try just about anything.

although im scared of the harder stuff. antivirals and things. just reading your posts have given me hope :)
thanks
Kat

kat,

When I read your last sentence, you caught me by surprise and tears splashed against the inside of the lens of my glasses.:Retro smile:

I always wonder if what I write in these articles has any point to being written and posted. And I always wonder if reading about someone getting better is making it harder for those who are still really ill.

I guess sometimes it's good.:Retro smile:

I see a naturopath. And the antivirals are natural antivirals as opposed to drugs. I would be afraid of the drugs too, but the natural stuff has never hurt me. Sometimes I've had to back off on them for a bit or cut down on amounts because there's too much die-off for my body to handle comfortably. But when taken in small enough doses, it's been win-win for me.

Jody

Jody

Talking about leaving things on the stove and forgetting about them,reminded me about a recent incident. I had put 2 eggs in a pan of water to boil and went away and sure enough about 15 minutes later there was a loud bang as if someone had broken down a door.:innocent1:

When I had drawn up enough courage to venture into the kitchen I found the eggs had dried up and exploded and bits of the shells had embedded themselves into the walls. I'm just glad I wasnt walking througth the kitchen when it happened. :D

I am so sorry to hear that your church seems to have abandoned you after all the work you have put in. Always remember though, God has promised never to abandon us and he is faithful, unlike humans.

Having been through all the stages of this disease over 20 years and tried every doctor (I could afford!), I am back to placing my hope in the promises of God and your obvious heartfelt article reminded me of a very pertinent one from the book of Joel.

" I will restore to you the years the locusts have taken away" Joel 2:25

I think most of us would say Amen to that and may this promise come true for you and your family real soon. :thumbsup:

liverock,

Who knew eggs could be a deadly weapon?:D Shells still stuck in the wall?

Thanks for that verse out of Joel. It has actually been one that I have hung on to over these years. It's good to have it come at me from another direction, from someone else who has held on to this reality, hoping against hope. Or hoping with hope.