• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

dizziness and other neurological symptoms

Hi,
I have suffered with M.E/C.F.S for 22 years. I wondered if other people have the same symptoms as me and if they have found anything that helps them.
I have permament dizziness/vertigo and my head is numb (mostly at the top). Also I have buzzing in my legs (pretty much all the time). My head feels like it's gonna explode sometimes as I get this aweful pressure in it. I also have problems sleeping I take zolpidem 10mg and 30mg amitryptyline. Apart from this I have problems walking as my legs cramp a lot and my knees burn, I also suffer from fatigue after any exertion. I have a permament red throat and feel like something is stuck in my throat.

I had the mitochondrial function test from Dr Myhill and my results were bad, I only scored 20% and have a 38% translocator blockage. I am on a regime of supplements following the test.

Is there anyone else out there like ME ?????

Carrigon

I've had it about twenty years now. Dizziness/vertigo, very frequently. Cramps, yes. Post Exertional totally. I had to go out yesterday for an appointment, couldn't find a close parking spot. Had to walk half a block to get there and half a block to get back to the car. I have now been literally dead since I went. I was in bed all day today and it's now seven at night. I'm still dead. And I haven't had an actual good night's sleep in probably twenty years.

I take alot of magnesium for the cramps, that's the only thing that helps me.

curry

Hi,
I have suffered with M.E/C.F.S for 22 years. I wondered if other people have the same symptoms as me and if they have found anything that helps them.
I have permament dizziness/vertigo and my head is numb (mostly at the top). Also I have buzzing in my legs (pretty much all the time). My head feels like it's gonna explode sometimes as I get this aweful pressure in it. I also have problems sleeping I take zolpidem 10mg and 30mg amitryptyline. Apart from this I have problems walking as my legs cramp a lot and my knees burn, I also suffer from fatigue after any exertion. I have a permament red throat and feel like something is stuck in my throat.

I had the mitochondrial function test from Dr Myhill and my results were bad, I only scored 20% and have a 38% translocator blockage. I am on a regime of supplements following the test.

Is there anyone else out there like ME ?????
Hi,

+1 for magnesium.
What also helped me is coQ10 - I take 2 x 200mg a day. Acetyl-L-Carnitine, around 3mg a day has been also very helpful so far.
Hope you feel better soon.

Esther12

I've only been using it about a month, but have found sitting on a 'balance ball' to be helpful. I went through a period of getting migraines and vertigo, and after listening to a medical program on general balance problems decided to gve the balance ball a go and my problems have improved.

It could just be a coincedence. Also, it does use a lot more energy than normal sitting down - but less than standing up!

I have tried balance exercises in th past but they never did anything.
I do take manesium (through the skin) as well at Q10 and acetyl-l-carnitine. I also take D-ribose, ascorbic acid, EFA's, ,multivitamins and minerals, niacinamide, Vit D and kefir. (been on these for 3 1/2 months now)

I wondered if anyone has found any supplements that help the dizziness? Does anyone else have the numb head and buzzing in their legs

shannah

I wondered if anyone has found any supplements that help the dizziness? Does anyone else have the numb head and buzzing in their legs

I get all of those symptoms including the numb head although not at the top - all across the back to the nape of the neck. Also get the buzzing in the legs & other places.

Treating with antimicrobials has helped some (several of the different ones used for lyme). Lauricidin seems to be detoxing the body in a way that nothing else has been able to and the dizziness is not quite so bad at times.

Just as a side note, magnesium always presents yeast issues for me.