• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME-CFS Study Seeks Participants in the greater San Francisco/Monterey Bay Area

Dreambirdie

work in progress
We will be testing a completely non-invasive, proprietary technology. Over 1000 research studies with this technology have proven its effectiveness in helping plants, animals, and humans recover from diseases of viral, fungal, and bacterial origin as well as from endocrine and neurological disorders. This will be the first study with ME-CFS patients.

Participants will be expected to:
*meet all eligibility requirements (intake questionnaire to be e-mailed)
*attend a meeting on the afternoon of October 13, 2010 (location to be decided soon)
*fill out symptom questionnaires at specified intervals

There is no cost to participate in this study.
For inquiries regarding eligibility and participation, please PM me.

For more information about the TRIVEDI effect and the work of Mahendra Kumar Trivedi, go to the following link: http://www.trivedifoundation.org/scientific-research

Min

Mahendra Kumar Trivedi was born with an exceptional ability to change living and non-living matter with Energy Transmissions or "blessings" (focused intentional consciousness, called The Trivedi Effect).

Studies on the Trivedi Effect will document the beneficial effects of Trivedi's transmissions and his ability to link individual and universal consciousness thus restoring the natural order to the "information field" - a relatively recent concept in the scientific world.

Trivedi was born with an exceptional ability to utilize an extraordinary amount of his human potential and, through thought transmission, positively impact the information field of both living and non-living matter at the most basic level of the atomic structure.

...sounds far more scientific & plausible to me than anything Reeves,Wessely, Sharpe, Chalder etc have come up with to help us....

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Birdie,

Count me in! :victory:

Sergio wants to come--depends on his health in the next few days--right now, he is too "done in" to travel, but hopes to pick up a bit very soon.

This is great news,
Sushi

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hey Sushi--

I am counting! YAY! :victory:

I hope Sergio will feel up for it by then too. Remind him that it's A LOT closer than Florida! :Retro wink::Retro smile::Retro smile:

I also hope I can collect more people for it by the 13th. Trivedi wants at least 10. I need four more.... So pass the word along.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I want to let people know that they need to pre-regsiter for this event. This requires filling out an intake and symptom form.

So please get in touch with me regarding that. Thanks

Dolphin

This study is FREE and there is nothing to lose. The worst that can happen is NOTHING.
My guess is some hypnosis-like state is induced to transfer this energy. Some people wouldn't like to be hypnotized/similar by somebody who thinks they can work miracles. When you are hypnotized one is open to suggestion. I think people should be careful who they let hypnotize them.

Dolphin

Hypnosis and energy transmission are two different things.
I know two people who went to a healer who gives energy. One of the things he said to them was you may find when you are at home sometimes that your hands will move around without you having any control of them. And sure enough, they did. I don't believe in magic: sounds like a straightforward post-hypnotic suggestion to me.

I don't know the details about this case but I don't believe in magic or miracles so don't believe the miraculous powers this person is supposed to have. I have read of examples in the past where with hypnosis one might be able to convince somebody one has miraculous powers.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
My guess is some hypnosis-like state is induced to transfer this energy. Some people wouldn't like to be hypnotized/similar by somebody who thinks they can work miracles. When you are hypnotized one is open to suggestion. I think people should be careful who they let hypnotize them.

Actually, there is no hypnosis involved. The closest thing I would compare this to is a Reiki treatment. Though it is a little more intense than that.

I know this is going to be a controversial healing modality for some people to wrap their brain around, and those who aren't comfortable with it don't have to try it. In my own case, I am both curious and skeptical. In my 33 years of illness I have consulted with over 140 practitioners of every ilk imaginable, and MOST have been ineffective. So I personally have no attachment to results. If it works or doesn't, and to what extent, will all be seen in time. I will gladly report back my experiences, one way or the other.

leela

Yes, and people respond differently to all modalities , and differently at different stages of their lives.
Dolphin, the hand-thing you describe could possibly be post-hypno suggestion but I think you might be extrapolating; for it could also be a form of kriya, which is a sanskrit word for a common phenomenon where freed-up energy moves through the various pathways of the body and attempts to unblock whatever block is there, causing certain (unusual) hand or body movements.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm familiar with the phenomenon that leela describes--and yes it is very different from post-hypnotic suggestion.

I, personally, wish to participate in this study as I have had very positive experiences with energy healing in the past--some quite dramatic when the healer was not someone who was just "trained in a technique," but had native abilities such as Trivedi has demonstrated.

As Dreambirdie has said, I think there is little to lose. Maybe there will be no help, but maybe there will be. Our other options (I am XMRV +) seem to have greater risks at this point.

There is just a lot that we don't understand and I don't want to dismiss a phenomenon like this just because I don't understand how it works. I also am in touch with others who have CFS who have received considerable benefit from Trivedi.

Sushi

Hope123

"Let the buyer beware..." does not apply when you aren't buying anything.

This study is FREE and there is nothing to lose. The worst that can happen is NOTHING.

I hope the worst that can happen is nothing.

The cost I am referring to is not just monetary cost but the physical/ time/ energy/ mental cost associated with seeking a new therapy and this is something everyone will have to weigh for themselves.

I am skeptical of many things but one thing that always triggers my skepticism is when "Eastern" therapies or therapies wrapped up in exoticism are sold to Westerners with large claims. [This is not to say that, for example, Asians can't be taken in by odd therapies either but they have a bit more background on Eastern medicine than your average Westerner.] I am not biased against non-allopathic medicine; in fact, I spent time in China at one of the large public universities there observing Chinese medicine [the major medical centers there use both], had relatives who were involved in import-export of herbs a few decades ago, and grew up drinking all sort of strange "preventative" brews from my family. However, people in my family use a mix of Eastern and Western treatments and we are aware of the limits of at least traditional Chinese medicine. One of my best friends is an allopathic family practice doc but she has experience with Ayuravedic medicine and our views are similar.

This Trivedi effect might not be traditional Indian medicine but a quick look at the website makes me suspicious. For example, this man is supposed to have cured HIV and hepatitis. So, I'd advise people to be cautious just as they should be with other therapies that have been talked about.

Dolphin

I'm familiar with the phenomenon that leela describes--and yes it is very different from post-hypnotic suggestion.
I'm not sure how one can be so sure. If a healer/energy therapist during the session says one is going to have kriya and it will take such-and-such a form e.g. causing certain (unusual) hand or body movements or whatever, I'm not sure how one would know easily it wasn't a post-hypnotic suggestion. Perhaps it's a misconception that one feels "asleep" when one is hypnotized. Planting post-hypnotic suggestions would be a good way to convince people one had mystical powers - of course, perhaps it wasn't done deliberately, I don't know*, but it would have the same effect in (many) who are hypnotized (would depend of the depth of the hypnosis, how hypnotizable somebody was, etc).

* The healer/therapist (not Trivedi) did have a bit of a team around him to drum up business e.g. people with ME/CFS who told their stories in the media were contacted with information about him.

leela

You know, the greater part of television advertising and programming is hypnotic suggestion.
If you are aware, and don't care to be hypnotized, you won't be. If you are unaware, or wish to be, you might.

This study is by choice, and so is whatever one decides to receive or not receive from it.
I appreciate your concern for those who have little experience with energy healing and their possible vulnerability to
charlatans, but I don''t get the sense this man is going to be making anyone cluck around like chickens ;)

PS Being able to move chi, shakti, energy--whatever you call it, is not necessarily "mystical power." Anyone can learn to do it with practice, especially those who are naturally predisposed. The tricky part is keeping your attention and intention focused--that's why relatively few are great at it.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
This study is by choice, and so is whatever one decides to receive or not receive from it.
I appreciate your concern for those who have little experience with energy healing and their possible vulnerability to
charlatans, but I don''t get the sense this man is going to be making anyone cluck around like chickens ;)

PS Being able to move chi, shakti, energy--whatever you call it, is not necessarily "mystical power." Anyone can learn to do it with practice, especially those who are naturally predisposed. The tricky part is keeping your attention and intention focused--that's why relatively few are great at it.

What leela said.

I don't want to have to repeat myself, but.... like I said before I have seen over 140 health practitioners in my 33 years with CFS. The ones who caused me the most damage and the hugest setbacks were all MD's. I am still recovering from TWO BIG MEDICAL ERRORS which I was subjected to in the last few years. Prior to those medical errors, I was walking 2 miles a day and doing an hour of fairly vigorous yoga each day. After the medical errors I was trashed, crashed, and back into bed again for over a year and barely functioning at all.

The practitioners who helped me survive and recover from these medical errors were all alternative practitioners: one was an acupuncturist, one was an TCM practitioner who uses VERY unorthodox modalities to test remedies before prescribing them, and one was a Reiki practitioner. They were all excellent at what they did for me, and VERY effective at helping me move forward in my recovery. I am now walking close to a mile each day again, and doing a half hour of moderate yoga each night. This is a good start, but I want more!

Because I am EXTREMELY chemically sensitive, I am not willing to take anti viral drugs. In fact, I take NO drugs ever, (I even have my teeth drilled without novocaine)... because every drug I've tried has caused severe side effects, due to the fact that I have MCS as well as CFS and do not detoxify properly. (I am sure Rich Van K could explain scientifically why this is the case.)

This is why I am personally interested in the Trivedi study. Energy work has NEVER hurt me in the way that medical treatment has. I have never had a year long setback from energy healings. I have never gotten cardiac arrhythmia and crashed adrenals and serious side effects from it... as I did from the medical errors. The side effects of energy work are zero. The benefits remain to be seen. So I am willing to give it a try.