• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FYI: MEDICARE pays for holistic tests ...

xchocoholic

:cool: I didn't realize this until I started seeing an integrative doc and thought many of you may not know this either ..

So far they've paid for my CDSA, Spectracell nutrient levels, Saliva test for female hormones and adrenals and NutrEval. I understand that they were going to stop paying for the NutrEval test last month but I'm not sure if it happened. Or if it's been replaced by a different test.

I thought it was interesting that government health care was ahead of private insurance companies when it comes to looking for the facts behind what nutrients we're missing and why.

I have to say without these tests, I'd never have understood most of what was going on with me. I'd figured out part of it via the elimination diet but I'd have never figured out all the nutritional deficiencies I had without these tests. Having an integrative doc to manage my healthcare has been the best thing that has happened to me in over 20 years of ME/CFS/FM.

HTH ... X

BEG

xchocoholic, Does your integrative doc accept medicare? I just saw same kind of doc but he doesn't accept medicare and I had to sign a form saying I understood this. Did your doc file Medicare for you for these tests or did you do it?

Thanks for the valuable information.

xchocoholic

xchocoholic, Does your integrative doc accept medicare? I just saw same kind of doc but he doesn't accept medicare and I had to sign a form saying I understood this. Did your doc file Medicare for you for these tests or did you do it?

Thanks for the valuable information.

Mine accepts and files Medicare. Maybe you can find someone who accepts it ... regardless though, Medicare will pay for those tests.

Since many of us are too sick to keep up with this kind of info, I thought some of you may not know this. I've had Medicare since 1992 and it would've been nice to have known this before 2008. ... tc ... X

*GG*

:cool: I didn't realize this until I started seeing an integrative doc and thought many of you may not know this either ..

So far they've paid for my CDSA, Spectracell nutrient levels, Saliva test for female hormones and adrenals and NutrEval. I understand that they were going to stop paying for the NutrEval test last month but I'm not sure if it happened. Or if it's been replaced by a different test.

I thought it was interesting that government health care was ahead of private insurance companies when it comes to looking for the facts behind what nutrients we're missing and why.

I have to say without these tests, I'd never have understood most of what was going on with me. I'd figured out part of it via the elimination diet but I'd have never figured out all the nutritional deficiencies I had without these tests. Having an integrative doc to manage my healthcare has been the best thing that has happened to me in over 20 years of ME/CFS/FM.

HTH ... X

My insurance pays for all the testing I have done, of course there are yearly limits and copays. My Integrative Dr does not take Medicare, I don't think it reimburses enough?

Good to hear that Medicare is not in the Stone Ages! So you don't have to pay anything out of pocket for these tests?