• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FDA/NIH Paper will be published

SOC

The CAA posted this morning. it will be out "within weeks." The PNAS editor is on vacation, so I couldn't get a comment from him for CFS Central.
Thanks, Mindy, that's great news!

I'm hoping that "within weeks" just means it will be in the next publishing cycle. It's hard to be patients, but science and publishing work at their own speeds.

LOL! I meant to say, "It's hard to be patient", but "It's hard to be patients" is so effin true, I couldn't bear to change it.;)

Sources to CFS Central says the researchers' conclusions have not changed.

Mindy Kitei
CFS Central
http:www/cfscentral.com

Thank you so much for pushing and staying on top of this! I hope this time it actually is printed.

Ash

aka @smashman42 'SortaDerpy' on Twitter
The CFS Central blog post says the Alter PNAS paper has the same (original) conclusion after whatever extra experiments were requested

One would assume then that it made the evidence in the paper even stronger, here's hoping

Alexia

Well surely this doesn't mean they have had enough time to do a complete rewrite, or retraction?

And if any of the results are different, something stinks in suburbia!!

BB I don't think it's possible to change the results of such a paper just like that..

boomer

I'm so happy about this. I have emailed the deputy minister of health canada to tell him the positive paper is expected to be published in weeks and we hope they can fund research.
I don't understand why it takes weeks. I hope they make up for the negligence over the decades by funding big and in today's environment, that probably means reallocation from other programs.

free at last

Those additional studies, were so problems could be found with the earlier result, mark my words problems will be found, with the NIH paper, its why the CDC released there negative findings THEY WOULDNT DO THAT IF ANOTHER GOVERMENT STUDY WAS CONTRADICTING THERE OWN. Sorry i dont buy it, its a coverup, And you will see this post is right on the money, sorry it upsets me too. But there all liars, dont belive me just wait and see everyone

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
I hope to god free at last is wrong, but you know it's in the back of all our minds. If it is a cover-up, we are going to have to mount an all out blitz to get to the truth!!!

VillageLife

OK this is from the CFIDS association, (Today 9th July)

http://www.facebook.com/CFIDSAssn
------

The study pending from NIH/FDA attracted a lot of attention in June after news of its conclusions was leaked by a Netherlands news agency. The researchers have conducted additional experiments as requested by the reviewers and their paper is expected to be published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences within weeks.

-------
and that day maybe the day that changes the future of CFS forever! :victory::victory:

omerbasket

Those additional studies, were so problems could be found with the earlier result, mark my words problems will be found, with the NIH paper, its why the CDC released there negative findings THEY WOULDNT DO THAT IF ANOTHER GOVERMENT STUDY WAS CONTRADICTING THERE OWN. Sorry i dont buy it, its a coverup, And you will see this post is right on the money, sorry it upsets me too. But there all liars, dont belive me just wait and see everyone
I don't understand. Your saying that the additional studies were performed in order for people to be able to see that there are problems in the NIH/FDA study? Or what?
By the way, there are lots of problems with the CDC's study, so I guess it would be very difficult for the NIH/FDA study to outweigh them, by making even more mistakes...