• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
i alreadu use anti histamine for a few weeks.

buth does anyone know if you have to keep injecting while nagalase is normal?
and when you have so many side effects (very painfull headache etc) ???????

I think you will only get a reliable answer on this from your doctor. But I would be cautious about taking it if you are getting severe headaches.

Sushi

Sushi

Sushi

It looks like these are the right links but for some reason they have been changed to private viewing--so I can't seen them either, though I did see them when they were first posted.

They don't seem to be available on Dr. Enlander's website either.

Sorry, all I remember was that one patient felt enormously better quite soon into treatment.

Best wishes,
Sushi

I think you will only get a reliable answer on this from your doctor. But I would be cautious about taking it if you are getting severe headaches.

Sushi

Sushi

could it be IRIS ????

KDM is back today, i have send him an urgent email.

Spring

I asked dr. Enlander about the Youtube video's. He replied it is a technical problem. Also mentioned I could not enter his site.

Daffodil

did everyone on gcmaf go to a new place? wondering why this thread is not very active...

thanks
xxo

Sushi

Does anyone know if these meds have to be stopped before the Nagalase test: Rosuvastatin ,aspirin and Omeprazole? Thanks

Maybe you should call the lab for this question. I have not stopped drugs for the nagalase test but it is possible that there are some you might need to stop.

Best,
Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Oh daff can we really believe this after this past year..

'the mimetic is designed in the lab and poses no risk of disease transmission from mammalian blood:eek:

Daffodil

well....does it mean that this could be the reason that the current GcMAF doesnt work on everyone? i dont really understand the article. maybe some doctor could comment...

Dan_USAAZ

ASU claims to have produced a synthetic substance that functions the same as or better than exact GcMAF that is made from human blood. If I understand correctly (from other articles), ASU is looking for some entity with deep pockets to either buy the patent or partner with them. Maybe a pharmaceutical company?

Daffodil

thanks Dan. is anyone here worried about the fact that GcMAF is made from human blood products? i am assuming that the prominent doctors prescribing it would have made sure it is safe, but has anyone asked them?

CindyWillis

This sounds kind of crazy but I have been experimenting with Dr. Terry Wahls' diet she used to cure her MS. I just got to wondering that if we may have an autoimmune disease that I should maybe start eating like that is what I have. Of course, I don't know what I have other than CFS. Ironically, my intuition tells me that CFS isn't as simple as an autoimmune disease but I might as well try the diet. My husband and I have been on it for three weeks. The results I notice so far is that it has reduced the massive amounts of swelling in my stomach. When I wake up in the morning, my stomach is flat instead of swollen. I started wondering if by my changing my diet, I could decrease my overall amount of inflammation. I am not a doctor and it may not work that way. However, we have lost a combined 15lbs in the three weeks and my stomach no longer swells after meals. I was eating very healthy with no sugar before the MS diet but cut out starches completely in the last three weeks. Just thought I would throw that out there to see what anyone else thought.

hi all
saw a post by Dr jeff bradstreet in fla today where he says he is using a homeopathic dilution of gcmaf for some patients who are sensitive to it.

I am struggling with inflammation on gcmaf. As Joey said earlier, LDN is not helping much. I am looking to add nexrutine, curcumin...to bring down the inflammation. we will see.

Daffodil

Does anyone know if GcMAF is considered a supplement or a prescription drug? I am not sure if I have to declare it and pay duties on it or not, when I bring it back to Canada from the USA. I think I will have a prescription for it, but one can obtain it without prescription and I am sure it won't be on any drug list

Does anyone know?

Thank you!

lobba123

nobody ever said gcmaf is made from "human" blood plus maf314 has already made it clear that human blood is not needed to make gcmaf but bacteria is able to make it even better

as usual US is trying to ptnet and make money from it, wasted time.....i think US wont be able to steel money with its patents much long nowadays with the crisis, also it is not ethical if not horrible to try to patent parts of human body, gcmaf is an albumin and cant be patented.

many european countries have already rejected ridiculous US patents

Does anyone know if GcMAF is considered a supplement or a prescription drug? I am not sure if I have to declare it and pay duties on it or not, when I bring it back to Canada from the USA. I think I will have a prescription for it, but one can obtain it without prescription and I am sure it won't be on any drug list

Does anyone know?

Thank you!

lobba123

it is not a drug

Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Daffodil

thanks lobba. so do i tell them its a supplement? do i have to pay duty charges? it wont have my name on the vial like a drug would, right?....i am still worried they will give me trouble at the airport. i cant stop worrying lol