• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Hello everyone

I've read a lot about vitamin d with gc maf.
But I still do not understand.

One says do not take vitamin d and the other says take it.

What should I do ??????
Vitamin d yes or no? And how much?

The site gcmaf.eu also says that you do not ibuprofen and tramadol can take ?
What then do I have against my extreme pain?

I hope someone can help. Thank you.

Hi Nabo

The vit D thing is very confusing. Have you had your levels checked? I checked both my 25 and 1,25 levels before starting gcmaf and after 1 month. They both dropped to well below normal levels. I then added a small amount of vit D (1000 IU) and I then started noticing improvement. This may have been coincidental of course. After 3 weeks of taking the vit D, I retested. Both values had improved, although the 25 D was still below normal. The 1,25 was normal. I'm continuing to take 1000 IU vit D every day and I have maintained the level of improvement.

I know there is a lot of controversy on this, with some strong feelings on both sides. My personal view is that it may be best to go by your own blood test results.

Lou

Hi Nabo,

My experience mirrored Janey's in that vit D levels dropped while taking gcmaf. Have you had your levels checked? If low, perhaps consider supplementing with D3(important to take in this form, D3).

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Nabo,

My experience mirrored Janey's in that vit D levels dropped while taking gcmaf. Have you had your levels checked? If low, perhaps consider supplementing with D3(important to take in this form, D3).

Yes, the only thing that makes sense is to regularly check your Vit D levels, both .25 and 1.25 to see what you are dealing with.

My Vit D levels have stayed at the high normal while on GcMAF, but I do get them checked once a month or so.

Sushi

Daffodil

there is someone else taking tenofovir with gcmaf for hep b. i think that if i test my nk cell function before i get on gcmaf and the tenofovir has brough it back up as it did the last time (from 2 to 60), i will stay on it while on the gcmaf. i just cant see how stopping tenofovir would be a good idea if its helping my immune system that much, right?

i am trying to find some data on people who were on HAART while on gcmaf but there doesnt appear to be anything.

Sushi

there is someone else taking tenofovir with gcmaf for hep b.
i am trying to find some data on people who were on HAART while on gcmaf but there doesnt appear to be anything.

If you take the two together there are some things you need to know about. Catch me on chat or PM as this is important.

Sushi

lobba123

a guy emailed me in 2011 when he was starting gcmaf for hiv+hbv, he was declared cronic hbv and about to start antivirals for hbv too (he was on hiv avrs already, dont know which ones).his is hiv doctor was very ignorant on hbv and tests were just the minimum for an acute hbv so it is not possible to link results 100% with gcmaf but anyway before gcmaf he was scheduled to start hbv antivirals too

anyway, hbv cleared after about 8-10weeks gcmaf (this was about june 2011)
after 24 weeks he stopped hiv antivirals and he is hiv-rna und since then and not taking drugs

even if this is a very good story we are not all the same and do not all respond to gcmaf like this.you wont find people on hiv antivirals and gcmaf.most use gcmaf to keep high cd4 and not start hiv antivirals

there is someone else taking tenofovir with gcmaf for hep b. i think that if i test my nk cell function before i get on gcmaf and the tenofovir has brough it back up as it did the last time (from 2 to 60), i will stay on it while on the gcmaf. i just cant see how stopping tenofovir would be a good idea if its helping my immune system that much, right?

Daffodil

oh another question....still not finished reading the thread....do i have to purchase saline to go with the gcmaf? someone talked to me about saline but i cannot remember anything...very foggy.

thank you!

Hi Nabo

The vit D thing is very confusing. Have you had your levels checked? I checked both my 25 and 1,25 levels before starting gcmaf and after 1 month. They both dropped to well below normal levels. I then added a small amount of vit D (1000 IU) and I then started noticing improvement. This may have been coincidental of course. After 3 weeks of taking the vit D, I retested. Both values had improved, although the 25 D was still below normal. The 1,25 was normal. I'm continuing to take 1000 IU vit D every day and I have maintained the level of improvement.

I know there is a lot of controversy on this, with some strong feelings on both sides. My personal view is that it may be best to go by your own blood test results.

Thank you all for responding!
Sorry for all my wustions but KDM is on a holiday so he responds january 24th. so sorry!

But thanks for the info.
I have checked my vit d levels en did it last week again so i think i hear the new results tomorrow.
But the last check up was 25D a little low and 1,25 a little to high.

if i have my new results tommorow i will post them.

i got my nagalase test result back.. (and other tests c4a, cd14, cytokines etc)

But i have a question:
My nagalase was tested december 5th and now i got the result and it is 0,93. (0,32 - 0,95)
I am now using gc maf since december 5th and i have so many side effects. AGAIN!!!

i also used gc maf from dec 2010 till may 2011 and had to stop because i had so many side effects. After these 6 motnhs my nagalase was also normal 0,90.

KDM is still on vacation so i will send my question next week, buth does anyone know if you have to keep injecting while nagalase is normal?
and when you have so many side effects (very painfull headache etc)

Overstressed

Hi Nabo,

I had also some episodes of heavy heavy headaches and I'm sure it was because of the Gc-Maf. I also refused to take painkillers, since these interfere with the functioning of Gc-Maf. There were two occassions where had to take painkillers. But you should try an anti-histamine, I did and it helped me with my headaches. I was using Beta-histine, and it still helps me with the headaches. Since you're in Holland, you might try Beta-Histine ?

OS.

i alreadu use anti histamine for a few weeks.

buth does anyone know if you have to keep injecting while nagalase is normal?
and when you have so many side effects (very painfull headache etc) ???????

Daffodil

wondering if someone could please tell me what the lady is sayiing in the enlander video cuz i cant watch it....

Sushi

does anyone have an updated chart showing how everyone is doing on gcmaf?

Most of us taking GcMAF are not updating the chart as we were requested not to post about GcMAF before publication of articles. I don't think it has been updated by many for months.

Sushi