• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Now it's up to us! $250 000 dollar for research into our illness?

I used Marly Silverman technik how to get the second vote (gift vote). Its really easy - so lets do it.
WPI is not disponible for this moment - I think, its just the question of the time - I think its already happend today.
Do you have also the same problem? when I log in I cannot see the first section (ME/CFS news) there is XMRV section on the top.

Leaderboard

On the leaderboard, two other organizations on the first page cannot be accessed--#6 and #12. I hope it's just a glitch. I thought the organizations had been thoroughly checked for eligibility prior to June 15th.

Leaderboard--some other organizations not accessible

On the leaderboard, two other organizations on the first page cannot be accessed--#6 and #12. Hopefully, it is just a glitch. I thought the organizations had been thoroughly checked for eligibility prior to June 15th.

Dolphin also posted these:

National CFIDS Foundation
http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommun...foundation-inc

They are a low cost group - no paid staff. All their proceeds go to research. They have funded some interesting studies before. They're a national group that might have a reasonable chance of getting in top 200.

There are other groups also - search CFIDS or CFS for example.

Another one is:

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommun...e-syndrome-inc

IACFS/ME=AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME INC

WPI & Chase

Very confusing - I don't understand. WPI doesn't come up when you do a search on the Chase site but it's still listed there today when you go in under "Leaderboard" - listed as #33 with 120 votes. Won't let me vote again though but maybe because I voted yesterday for them.

Does anyone know how to contact Chase to verify what'g going on? I've spent quite some time looking around but haven't made any headway. Hate to miss the opportunity for WPI if it's just some sort of glitch that needs fixed.

Link for Chase

OK - found a link and filed a report to Chase asking them to verify whether or not WPI has been removed from the running or whether there is a problem with recording or tabulating voting for WPI. Will report back when/if I hear back from them.

Frank - I finally got my vote to count! Anyone else having problems (vote count did not change when I voted), I had to go in and start over choosing "like" and verifying again, then it worked. It's acting funny though, it took a few times going through the application portion to get the verification window to pop up for me.

So we will see what is the reason of WPI problems. But dont be to deppresed. there is still possible to vote for PANDORA. There are also other cfs organisation. if you search with words chronic fatigue syndrom, cfids, cfs there are at least 20 cfs organisations. They dont have a lot of votes but with better coordination we could improve it and they are not so much behind 200 winner organisations. For this moment the cfs organisations with the most votes (more than 10) are (maybe I didnt find all of them):
WPI
PANDORA
NATIONAL CFIDS FOUNDATION, INC.
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME INC
NEW JERSEY CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME ASSOCIATION INC 11

so lets vote at least for them - spend all your 20 votes. please, post someone this mail also in action section because wenn I log in I cannot see this section and maybe not everyone read the front page

Problems With Chase Voting

Frank - I finally got my vote to count! Anyone else having problems (vote count did not change when I voted), I had to go in and start over choosing "like" and verifying again, then it worked. It's acting funny though, it took a few times going through the application portion to get the verification window to pop up for me.

I'm sure when I voted yesterday it registered at 121 but today is sitting at 120. Did you happen to notice what number you were. I think something must be malfunctioning. I've emailed them but not heard back. Perhaps others can contact them about this. Power in numbers. Link I used is at bottom of page "Report" - couldn't find anything else.

WPI
PANDORA
NATIONAL CFIDS FOUNDATION, INC.
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME INC
NEW JERSEY CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME ASSOCIATION INC 11

I agree with all of the above. The American Association for CFS--CFS researchers and doctors--seems a really good one. A while back they were hoping for money to help with conference expenses, I think I recall. Another one would be the Genetic Alliance BioBank with which the CFIDS Association is now working. I am the only one who has voted for it thus far. Votes could be pulled from many different groups for that one, I would think. It is fun shopping.

I am going to contact the Alzheimer's Association to see if some of their members would vote for P.A.N.D.O.R.A. I may also contact some other groups that could benefit from P.A.N.D.O.R.A.'s work.

I'm sure when I voted yesterday it registered at 121 but today is sitting at 120. Did you happen to notice what number you were. I think something must be malfunctioning. I've emailed them but not heard back. Perhaps others can contact them about this. Power in numbers. Link I used is at bottom of page "Report" - couldn't find anything else.

I searched around awhile and came across this page and reported the problem. But I think alot of us should report the problem so they know that there's been alot of votes lost. This way they don't think it was just one or two people that couldn't vote and thus no big deal.
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/124622_Technical

Hi Frank,

I sent you a PM with a response from Chase after contacting them 4 or 5 times. I find it very disconcerting that WPI seems to remain eligible and in the running yet votes are not being tabulated on their behalf.

Ideas?

Well it's been at least 2 days since any votes have been credited towards WPI and I've written several emails. They have finally replied but address everything else except the main problem which is that WPI's votes remain at 120 despite people voting for them. It goes no higher.

For others experiencing problems here is their direct email address:

chasecommunitygiving@chase.com

Perhaps if others complain to them, they will do something and hopefully soon.