• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cell Danger Response Article

PracticingAcceptance

"The new paradigm for making sense of chronic illness is about the cell danger response.

Illness is not an error.

It is not a psychological or personality defect.

It is not due to a body that is “broken.”

Disease arises when our bodies perceive that certain states are necessary for our survival and are caught in a loop they cannot exit in order to heal as they are designed to do."

I read the article as best I can... I don't understand why the cells are stuck in CDR? What can make them get unstuck?

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
It's an interesting article. It's nice to see the more thoughtful approach to low vitamin D instead of the a simple minded "It's low, that's bad, so supplement it."

Last edited:

jesse's mom

I read the article as best I can... I don't understand why the cells are stuck in CDR? What can make them get unstuck?
I think that this is encouraging because it supports the research that our cells are in a freeze state, from a danger response. It supports the PACE studies and GET being debunked and does not label us as crazy, malingerer, or broken. Simply sick.
Many American Drs still think that we are crazy! Look how long it took for me to get a real Diagnosis!

This article reads similar to Dr. Myhill's recommendations and I am glad!
It's an interesting article. It's nice to see the more thoughful approach to low vitamin D instead of the a simple minded "It's low, that's bad, so supplement it."
Thank you! I know that tirating up with Vit D has made a world of difference for me!