• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More saliva, dry mouth

Hey all

I am now 4 years with this awful disease. Now i have more and more a dry mouth and have to swallo much more...i am a bit scared that it started now...somebody else who knows that?

Thanks so much

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
Hello Chugi,

I don't have much to offer, but in my case the extreme dry mouth symptoms were a result of bad teeth. They make saliva drops, so you may wish to check on those, too.

jesse's mom

Is your sodium and or sugar intake too much? when I drink diet drinks, or gatorade and such for nausea I get more and more thirsty. It can be an endless cycle when I am sick at my stomach. I am sure to rinse my mouth and spit when I get super extra thirsty now.

Cipher

Administrator
I am now 4 years with this awful disease. Now i have more and more a dry mouth and have to swallo much more...i am a bit scared that it started now...somebody else who knows that?

Dry mouth and abnormal thirst are some of the symptoms of undiagnosed type 1 diabetes.
The classical symptoms of type 1 diabetes include: polyuria (increased urination), polydipsia (increased thirst), dry mouth, polyphagia (increased hunger), fatigue, and weight loss.[4]

If you have any of the other symptoms of type 1 diabetes I urge you to seek medical help ASAP and get your blood glucose level checked as untreated type 1 diabetes will lead to diabetic ketoacidosis which is fatal if untreated.

Last edited: