• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts) Spending for Supplements (US)

Has anyone use their FSA of the year for CFS /ME supplement. It seems like it might be possible if you get a letter from a doctor.

Attachments

• dr hm.PNG
    dr hm.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 19
I think I did years ago when working, not sure if rules have changed since then?

GG
Doing some digging and I think it's possible. Just requires your doctor to fill in the Letter of Medical Necessities. The reimbursement part seems like a pain. You have to mail it in each time to after you pay for your expense (please correct me if i'm wrong) and they'll sent you a check reimbursement. Saving 30% on CFS/ME related supplement would definitive give me a reason to use FSA. :)

*GG*

Oh, my workplace went with a compnay that just issued something like a credit card. So no reimbursement form was necessary, if I recall correctly.

GG

Oh, my workplace went with a compnay that just issued something like a credit card. So no reimbursement form was necessary, if I recall correctly.

GG

Reimbursement form wouldn't if the items are under the FSA eligibility list. Items such as oxymatrine or supplements are not on that list. This would require a LoMN and then reimburse. Prime example is Amazon doesn't take FSA cards but they have FSA approved items. You would purchase with your own credit card and then get to receipt to them for reimbursement.

Pyrrhus

My FSA provider now requires both a prescription from my doctor as well as a letter of medical necessity from my doctor, in order to be compensated for nutritional supplements.

A bit redundant? o_O