Revisiting old Ubiome’s “C”
A year ago, several readers shared their ubiome for me and I did a series of post looking for patterns. See this post on the Genus Numbers.
It is time that I do deep dives for these early sharers.
- Diagnosis: ME/CFS, POTS, MCAS, IBS-C, mold illness. No probiotics before test. I changed environments and had some health improvement between tests.
- C1 10/1/2013
- C2 9/13/2015
- C3 6/23/2016
Deep Dive References
Bottom Line Suggestions
- Akkermansia: https://cfsremission.com/2017/10/14/decreasing-akkermansia-genus/
- Bilophila: https://cfsremission.com/2017/10/14/decreasing-bilophila-genus/
- Alistipes: https://cfsremission.com/2017/10/09/decreasing-alistipes-genus/
- Eggerthella: https://cfsremission.com/2017/10/19/decreasing-eggerthella-genus/
- Intestinimonas: https://cfsremission.com/2017/11/05/reducing-intestinimonas-genus/
- Odoribacter: https://cfsremission.com/2017/10/19/decreasing-odoribacter-genus/
- Bacteroides: https://cfsremission.com/2017/10/20/decreasing-bacteroides-genus/
- Flavonifractor: https://cfsremission.com/2017/11/05/reducing-flavonifractor-genus/
The items from each of the deep dives aligned very nicely for this microbiome, for example, Inulin was listed many times.
The lists below are done by merging the lists from the deep dives linked above. Some items may encourage one genus and discourage another genus — those are removed (unless it seems that it strongly predominates on one). The impact on Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and E.Coli are intentionally ignored [See this post for the logic]. This is all based on applying logic to the results of studies — thus theoretical. This is an addition (not a replacement) to this overview post.
- Akkenmansia muciniphila probiotic (when it becomes available)
- Animal-based diet
- Arginine supplements
- Bacillus subtilis
- Bifidobacterium Animalis subsp. Lactis BB-12
- Bifidobacterium catenulatum
- Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum
- Broad beans and lupin seeds
- Capsaicin (Chili Peppers)
- Daesiho-tang (DSHT)
- fermented Korean soybean paste
- gum arabic
- High animal protein/meat diet
- High meat diet
- High protein diet
- L. casei
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus fermentum
- Low fat diets
- Low processed foods diet
- Lysine supplements and foods
- Milk-derived saturated fat
- Pomegranate ellagitannins
- pomegranate juice
- Tannic acid
This is an education post to facilitate discussing this approach with your medical professionals. It is not medical advice for the treatment of CFS. Always consult with your medical professional before doing any changes of diet, supplements or activity. Some items cites may interfere with prescription medicines.
- Bacillus licheniformis
- Bacillus subtilis natto
- Bifidobacterum Bifidum
- Bifidobacterum Infantis
- Faecalibacterium prausnitzii
- Lactobacillus kefiri LKF01
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Oligosaccharide prebiotics
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Polymannuronic acid
- Sucralose (Splenda)
- Tea Tree Oil
- Vitamin D
- Whole-grain barley
Deep dive into a reader's ubiome with ME/CFS, POTS, MCAS, IBS-C, mold illness.
Blog entry posted by Lassesen, Nov 13, 2017.
lafarfelue likes this.