• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Win up to $400 in the ME/CFS Awareness Day Video PSA Contest

Posted By: Tina Tidmore via Muffin

Win up to $400 in the ME/CFS Awareness Day Video PSA Contest

From their beds and wheelchairs, many patients worked together to place the first-ever ME/CFS ad in The Washington Post. Now its time to tackle a media ad on a grander scale; video. We would like to ultimately make multiple video ads, change them up from time to time, and air them internationally as well.

To begin this process, we are announcing a contest for an ME/CFS public service announcement (15 or 30-second video). The goal is to run the ad on television stations for ME/CFS Awareness Day on May 12th.

Once again we want this to be the patients voice. We have so many talented patients, as shown by the multiple professionally-designed ME/CFS videos on YouTube. If you are one of these creative people, heres your chance to use your skills to help spread the word about the devastating effects of this illness. Lets get the truth about ME/CFS into the public.

You can help with ME/CFS advocacy, show your talents to the public and earn money for you and your charity.

If you are interested in working on a PSA to help spread the word about our illness and have some skills in video development, please contact us at advertising@mcwpa.org. We will email you the information regarding the rules and legal requirements for entering the contest including technical specifications for the ad.

Patient Vote: The patients will vote on which PSA they want to be distributed on May 12.

Prizes: To encourage the most entries possible, we are offering a prize of $400 for the winning video, $200 for runner-up and $100 for third place winner.

Bonus: An anonymous donor has offered to personally donate $100 to the winners favorite ME/CFS charity.

Have Ideas?

You can still give input on what you want the public to know about your illness at http://forum.mcwpa.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=306

With this contest, everyone wins.

Tina Tidmore
MCWPA Team

Comments

Come on folks! We need a great public service announcement that gets OUR critical information out to the public. Step up to the plate and send us a PSA that really does the job -- and win money for you and your charity of choice!!!!!

CREATIVE PEOPLE and people who want to give it a shot: Please see the above links and do a short PSA. See the instructions, think it through what YOU think is important and have at it - submit to the above address or contact Tina Tidmore through the MCWPA.org links.

Here's your shot at at a real PSA!!!

I KNOW there are many creative people out there with ideas that THEY want out in the public.
What would you like your family, friends, and the public to really know and understand about ME/CFS???
Write that info down and then come up with a fast, punchy way to get that info across. Be creative! And be a huge part of the solution. Thanks!

Blog entry information

Author
muffin
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from muffin