What does the onset of ME/CFS look like with the microbiome over the first 6 days!

I just received my uBiome report for a sample taken 6 days after a sudden onset ME flare. It was sudden onset because over 15 minutes I could feel my entire body shift and booked off sick for the rest of that day (and following week). The cause was stress, the cause of 40% of ME cases according to studies (the other 60% were infections).
I have two normal health ubiome for reference (each at least 6 months apart). As you can see with this first chart, three important groups did a nose dive.

Only Lactobacillus Helveticus (not in probiotic that I was taking)
This is repeated with other groups:

Other items are unchanged, such as diversity

And looking at various levels of bacteria, nothing jumps out
Microbiome Site Analysis
I uploaded the JSON to
http://microbiomeprescription.azurewebsites.net/upload , and then look at various reports.
What shows up in the comparison is that High Counts across all conditions went up by 30%.
Oldest on left, newest on right
Some specific jumps:

In terms of the experimental End Produces, we also see some interesting shifts (most numbers were roughly the same)

Large drops in following genus (was normal-range earlier and often went down to -98%)
  • Akkermansia
  • Anaerococcus
  • Dialister
  • Enterobacter
  • Porphyromonas
  • Staphylococcus
  • Succiniclasticum
Major increases in following genus:
Bottom Line
First item is that this is likely a unique report — 6 days after onset. A diagnosis of ME/CFS classically requires 6 months of extensive no-results testing, so any ubiome test result would be after a significant progression of microbiome shifts.
Lactic acid producers has crashed, histamine and hydrogen peroxide producers have increased. Significant shift towards a IBS/IBD profile.

After preparing this post, I started with Enterogermina (4 Bacillus clausii in suspension) and within 12 hours found significant changes including:
  • Stopping high frequency stool movements that had been ongoing for 4 days
  • Change of mood – from borderline depression to very mellow and very very laid back.
It was interesting to note the list of avoid

Plans going forward (reduce the high ones)

One of the items, choline deficiency, means that I should cut out my usual 2 eggs each morning because they are high in choline.

Some of the strong avoids were interesting (and unexpected)
Likes: Wolfcub


There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Lassesen