• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weather Images (colorized version) - P.E.M. Friendly, containing fewer words!

Our monsoon season may have gone out with a whimper, but radiant sunlight shone vividly across the horizon in one last gasp effort.

When I came back down from atop the pedestrian bridge, I showed several staff members these sunset images… and their initial supposition was that I used filters to improve the quality. Of course, I had just rolled back into the building from out there, and hadn't any opportunity to touch up or do anything with the pictures themselves (I prefer everything look naturally natural, or kind of sort of defeat the purpose).

So no, I did not color, or filter these images. That's how impressive this sunset was.

Otherwise, I'm going to let the images (mostly) speak for themselves.

Sunset Series - September 2nd, 2022 (between 6:45 and 7:00 p.m. AZ time)

IMG_20220902_184711__01.jpg

IMG_20220902_185634.jpg

IMG_20220902_184751__01__01.jpg

IMG_20220902_184658__01.jpg

IMG_20220902_185716__01.jpg

IMG_20220902_190042.jpg

the rest - August 2022

IMG_20220821_180111__01.jpg

A Towering Cumulonimbus Congestus

IMG_20220818_182414__01.jpg

Impressive Rain Shaft

IMG_20220821_181022__02.jpg

Spin

IMG_20220826_080628__01.jpg

Illusionary

IMG_20220814_155625.jpg

Green Desert

IMG_20220823_144320__01.jpg

South Scottsdale after appointment

IMG_20220819_162355__02.jpg

Three Hawks, Riding the Thermals

IMG_20220826_185429__01-1.jpg

Palm Posture

Yes. Fewest. Words. Ever!

But I wanted to put these out in a timely fashion, before we fade quietly into The Fall Season. In another month or so we'll be down into the 90s for high temperatures. And then I can freely roam around, having less concern in regards to becoming dehydrated.

Take care,
Howard
  • IMG_20220814_161645.jpg
    IMG_20220814_161645.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 9

Comments

This whole series are super outstanding, even the mini captions are charming.

yes: definitely a calendar in the offing....

those palm trees in
South Scottsdale...is that really an unaltered shot? Its just amazing, color wise.

it look like a 1918 lithograph.

there is also something really intriguing about that line crossing the cloud...traversing the palm trees....

Hang in there with the weather even, I hope it does cool down soon...

Gorgeous photography, Howard! So many people don't take the time to look up nowadays. You're showing us what there is to be missed when we don't. Thank you!

Who doesn't like clouds....well, except when they turn into funnels? We had the worst storm of the season yesterday. Trees uprooted (ours are fine), yet no lightening but sudden darkeness & strong winds.

Sorry folks....as if we don't get enough weather info everywhere these days. Yours, Lenora

Hey y'all, I appreciate the comments and the compliments! :)

I'm hanging in there. Having some problematic stoma issues past seven days. Won't get into that. No reason. But I finally started feeling better last night, so hopefully I'll have a new blog entry up and running soon!

Hanging out with a couple friends yesterday morning -

IMG_20220912_093510.jpg

Mourning Doves....a personal favorite! I got in on some actual bird sex, over in the vacant lot, earlier in the summer (is that dove OK?) (Oh, oops, its two doves)

"small head, slender body, narrow tail" and very local!

I went out today! I gazed out the car window some, really bright and all fresh air from the monsoon...we had an appointment to do government stuff, about 17 miles away, I had not been there..near there...in 2-3 years (?).

we drove past where I used to do field work, my very important project near the beach...for at least 17 years I worked on it, and visited nature place.

that was emotionally taxing, driving past.

I'll be in bed here for the next few days it seems, after that little excursion....

@Howard......I do believe that clouds have surpassed music in your personal likes at the moment. Great pics....I'll look up to see what our clouds are doing.

Of course you're to blame if I fall over. Anyway, gorgeous pics.

@Rufous McKinney.....Something weird has happened to all of our birds here....even the squirrels are making their usual show. Very frustrating.

Glad you were out and are back home again. Hopefully, your recovery will be easier than you think. Best of health to all of you, and heal stoma, heal. L.

.I do believe that clouds have surpassed music in your personal likes at the moment.

Right. The music takes more out of me. Requires more concentration. But I finally figured out how to get my tablet running again. I had to purchase another charger ($8) but that seems to have solved the problem.

I was physically cold outside this morning around 7:30 a.m. The temperature was 65° f ... and it hasn't been that cool overnight since April or May or something like that. I may have to start wearing clothes outdoors! LOL
Of course it'll be 100° today by mid-afternoon.

IMG_20220914_145631.jpg

Blog entry information

Author
Howard
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Howard