• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin B7 ( Biotin ) - Beyond Hair, Skin, and Nails

Vitamin B7, also known as Biotin, happens to be a catalyst for various metabolic reactions in the human body to extract energy. Due to it's water solubility, this vitamin is regularly deminished and therefore needs to be replenished.

A deficiency of vitamin B7 manifest in a number of symptoms like, fatigue, depression, pain in the muscles, hair loss, and anemia. There are other indicating symptoms like a distinct loss of appetite, dermatitis and the appearance of dry scalp and dandruff. The most serious symptoms include neurological disorders and restricted growth in infants.

HEALTH BENEFITS OF VITAMIN B7

* Metabolism - Vitamin B7 is considered as a catalyst for controlling a number of metabolic reactions that provide energy from the metabolism of important components like fats, proteins and carbohydrates.

* Synthesis of Components - Vitamin B7 is considered as a synthesizer for a number of vital components, which play irreplaceable roles in maintaining optimal health for the human body. Vitamin B7 helps in processing of glucose to extract appropriate amounts of energy. Also, it helps in the synthesis of fatty acids and amino acids within the body .

* Tissue Maintenance - Vitamin B7 helps in the growth and maintenance of muscle tissues and repairing these tissues in case of damage. It also ensures the proper functioning of nervous system tissues, along with optimal growth of bone marrow.

* Weight Loss - Vitamin B7 is helpful in reducing surplus fat from the human body and maintaining a healthy weight .

* Heart Problems - Vitamin B7 is helpful for ensuring proper functioning of the heart by relieving it from most crucial problems. It helps in reducing the level of cholesterol in the human body.

* Blood Sugar - It is a proven fact that vitamin B7 is helpful in maintaining proper levels of sugar in the blood. It helps the human body to regulate insulin, thereby reducing the risk of widely fluctuating blood sugar levels which can lead to diabetes.

* Skin Care - Vitamin B7 is an essential component for maintaining good health of skin and hair. It is also beneficial for keeping nails in good condition. A person with dry scalp or hair loss might be suffering from a deficiency of vitamin B7 in their diet.

OTHER BENEFITS

Vitamin B7 is also helpful in treating a number of diseases like alopecia, Parkinson's disease, Rett syndrome, and vaginal candidiasis.

DIET

In order to include a fair amount of vitamin B7 in the human diet, you should consume foods like egg yolks, fish, milk, meat liver and kidney .
NOTE : It is important to mention that egg whites restrict the absorption of vitamin B7 and should be avoided in large quantities.
Other sources of vitamin B7 are : unpolished rice, oats, soybeans, nuts, brewer's yeast, potatoes, bananas, broccoli, spinach, and cauliflower.

Source:
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vitamins/health-benefits-of-vitamin-b7-or-biotin.html

Comments

Hi Sue - have you have used a biotin supplement, separate from a B complex?

@Mary Yes, my daughter has CFS, she started it a week ago, along with high absorption CoQ10 W/BioPerine, and some POM juice for good measure, she is much improved. Also my husband & I take it , feeling good also.

@Mary, we're taking 5000mcg daily, you should probably start out slow, maybe 3 days a week. My daughter is taking a ton of other supplements also., and everyone is different. She did improve with the recent supplements though ..

Thanks Sue. I've never taken biotin on its own, though I've taken everything else you can think of.

I'm really glad to hear your daughter has improved with recent supplements!

Blog entry information

Author
seunderwood
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from seunderwood