• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valtrex (GSK version) - 500mg three x a day

Hi all,

I felt really good yesterday on the valtrex and woke up thismorning feeling even better. Although I woke up at 5.40am first and had to eat something so I could sleep. But other than that had 10 hours sleep and only woke up once or twice.

Once the valtrex dose wears off you really feel it. After 4 or 5 hours it just stops working and I felt angry/grumpy/headache/fatigue. Unlike famvir I forgot it needs to be dosed every 6 hours. So I am now doing that and expect to see improvements (hopefully won't wake up at 5.40am and will feel ok throughout the day).

Bit of a contrast to famvir where a 750mg am dose at 8.30am will last until about 5 or 6pm, at that point sore throat sort of returns but the upside is you can actually get to sleep. I found another brand of famvir last night which wasn't super expensive, but it's indian again, I'll be buying that so I can try and see if the side effects are less strong.

Whilst valtrex is 100% working and I put most of that down to the 16 days of famvir I did beforehand and my brief mono reactivation which lasted about 6 days - I am a bit worried about kidney issues on valtrex. I will be getting some extra blood tests soon, hopefully this week.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...