So I have been taking tudca for about 6 to 7 days 250mg a day. I have been quite shocked at some of the improvements, here's a list:
1. initially improved cognitive clarity (less so in subsequent days likey due to poor sleep)
2. Physical fatigue disappeared and even when I had a bit of a crash on exertion one night, I woke up the next day without PEM. I almost didn't notice, I was really shocked about this one to be honest with you.
3. my allergic asthma stopped (I suffer badly with this in oct/nov, less so from dec to march) in the spring and summer of 2023 I had the worst allergic asthma and allergy symptoms I've ever had. Studies show tudca prevents er stress, allergic asthma is caused by ER stress (most pwme have some form of breathlessness).
4. asthmatic cough stopped.
5. congestion which had been bad for weeks (about 4) just dried up and was gone, only came back when I stopped dosing.
6. chronic sore throat vanished on day 2/3
1. some dizziness
2. far too hyperactive (is this an IRIS response?)
3. insomnia (half the night very poor sleep if you can call it that)
4. dryer mouth than usual, which came and went but causes me to get canker sores.
I did some research and found out taht rna viruses and dna viruses both cause ER stress. There's a theory that they use this to further replication. So everything would seem to point to the viruses once again. Think I may try some rna antivirals as my improvement december to march (100% healed hpa axis dysfunction and 90% ME function) only happened after taking a short course of rna antivirals.
@Judee @hapl808 @junkcrap50 @mariovitali @Hip