On the bedside table:
- Rectangular basket in which I keep:
- cloth bag with my devices (thermometer, O2 meter, and so forth)
- toiletries: toothpaste, deodorant, nail clippers, tissues, hair stuff
- pens, pencils
- Chargers and such
- Electrolyte powder in case I want some when no one else is around to help me with it
On a small table beside my bed (which I plan to put a tray on, to keep things from falling off):
- A towel used as a tablecloth to absorb random drops
- Two glasses, one of plain water and one of electrolyte solution
- Dice for keeping track of how many times my glasses get filled
- Food: peanut butter, apples, salt shaker, spoon
- Space for dishes and such as needed
On a small table on the other side of the bed:
- Books and magazines associated with my hobbies
- Paper and a clipboard
- My laptop and its charger
- A smaller basket with crafting supplies, waiting for the day when I can use them without exceeding my limits
On the floor beside my bed is a wastebasket, placed so that I can drop something in it without looking or stretching.
Hanging on a bedpost is a towel, which I use to protect me and the bed while I’m eating and drinking.
Even when I would have needed help to access any of this, it would have been convenient for everyone to have had it close by and organized.
I haven’t figured out the best place to keep my phone, so I keep losing it among the bedcovers.
On days when I go downstairs, it’s easy for someone to grab the basket, my laptop, and my water. (I take charge of the phone!)