• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Still on Joshua Leisk protocol

So I got my latest blood test results and they showed my neutrophils had tanked again. From 2.6 to 1.8 in just 14 days! And this had to have been due to the oat bran I've been taking.

I've gone back down to a maintenance dose of 1 tsp a day. 1 tsp had pretty negligible effects on my neutrophils so I'm not worried.

I've also added astragalus root to a soup I now make every day.

As I've now lost the immune modulatory effect of bets glucans and I cannot shake this head cold I've had I decided to start micro dosing Siberian ginseng. To my surprise this tiny dose started working straight away and most of my symptoms became easier in just a few hours. On day 2 I felt even better and this is again taking just a quarter dose. I took Siberian ginseng for 2.5 years early on. I only found one good brand which thankfully is still available. Anyway me and ginseng are old friends! And I know all of its pros and cons and it's a longish list. So I know when to stop it and I know exactly what all its side effects are.

On Friday I did a 60 mile journey to see if I could tolerate this by taking various tablets.

I took 5g glycine beforehand, Thorne green tea, magnesium ascorbate 2g.

I took that again minus the Thorne 35 minutes into the trip.

I started crashing when I got 35 minutes in and crashed a lot worse adter I got back and the following day.

So my experiment didn't really work. But this was without the immune boost beta glucans would have given me. I do think without the immune modulation trips out like this are very difficult.

Even so last time I drove long distance I took the following:

200mg egcg every hour
4g bcaas every hour
5g glycine every hour
200mg ALA every hour

So it seems without the egcg (which also contained small amounts of caffiene) and bcaas I can't pem buffer. However bcaas give me horrendous anxiety so I really hare taking them.

And in the spring and summer I was able to do 50 minute walks without oat bran or lion's mane or even egcg.

So I've basically learnt there are times when my body will work better than at other times. I think we can almost call this relapse remitting. Although I'm never really in remission so maybe not. But extremely mild is very close.

So the ginseng is there to replace the immune modulation lost by being unable to take the oat bran anymore. Not sure if this will work but it might. The real issue with ginseng is behavioural changes.

But I was just thinking tonight that when I used to take ginseng I can't actually remember being sick. Truthfully I did get Ill but I never got sick at Christmas or in January like I do now and even when I had a ranging sore throat cold I was able to clean my entire apartment. This was 4 years ago. So it completely stopped me crashing back then. Be interesting to see if it still works. Possibly when combined with the rest of Joshua's protocol that will give the body the nurishment it needs which also means taking the full dose of ginseng isn't required.

Comments

This article << talks about clearing up infection to increase neutrophils. It mentions taking antibiotics. I just wonder if you've ever had the testing right after a round of antibiotics just to see if they made a difference?

The article says, "Once the infection is gone, the neutropenia should clear up on its own." (Hopefully) :)

Also could it be that the J.L. Protocol was turning your immunity up so much that the neutrophils were doing their job then :xpem: kaputty/battle fatigue??
Maybe once the infection is brought under control they will :rocket: again.

The article also mention bone marrow issues and I think I asked this once, have you tried bone marrow glandulars just to help try to give you body bio-identical type nutrients that would maybe support better bone marrow creation.

(shrug)

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...