• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Still on Joshua Leisk protocol

Hello,

Continuing down the self experimentation route I've moved onto increasing my dose of Lactoferrin after a chat with Jaime and taking mega igg which is a very expensive bovine serum dairy free igg product. My igm was low in 2016 but I've no idea if it's better now or not. I'm paranoid about getting long covid.

Anyway I noticed when I increases the lactoferrin to 1g a day it seemed to have a positive impact on viruses. I've had a virus for about 2 weeks. It's a head cold that started with sore throat, sinus headache and night sweats. Now progressed to stuffy/snotty nose, slightly asthmatic but not much, headachy type symptoms. No fatigue so I really don't think it can be covid and my lft was negative. Also gf has zero symptoms.

When I started the mega igg which is taken on an empty stomach I noticed increased hrv and amelioration of any fatigue symptoms (had a 24 hour crash this weekend from too much exertion) for about 2 hours with some sort of long term sustained effect.
As I cannot take l glutamic acid for leaky gut and mucosal lining igg is the perfect alternative for me as it does exactly the same thing. No doubt the lactoferrin helps with this too.

I've almost recovered from my crash within just 24 hours and still haven't got rid of the head cold fully. Symptoms are mild too. In 2020 I had a full head cold for 10 days which was a typical head cold really. Whereas this time I've got the same virus but without ant of the head cold symptoms. My head doesn't feel swollen, my sinuses aren't hurting, my nose isn't totally blocked, my eyes aren't streaming, I don't feel like death warmed up all the time. So a dramatic 80% reduction in my usual symptoms.

Anyway I will be continuing with the mega igg and lactoferrin at higher doses when sick. I'll be taking 2 mega igg capsules and 500mg lactoferrin per day for maintenance dosing.

Next on the list is to try mega dosing Q10 up to 1.5g to see if it pem buffers when doing long distance driving. Or walks. As I just got a new car (fully automatic!). Driving still crashes me pretty badly so remains to be seen how that goes.

Also bought phytosome green tea from Thorne. To see if I can dose that with the Q10 for PEM blocking. Probably won't work but worth a try.

Comments

My igm was low in 2016 but I've no idea if it's better now or not.

I was told that IVIG therapy would not help me with my IgM defiency. I wonder if that means Lactoferrin wouldn't either but it sounds like it is helping a bit with your cold anyway. I hope so.

As I just got a new car (fully automatic!). Driving still crashes me pretty badly so remains to be seen how that goes.

Isn't it surprising how much energy a stick shift can take to drive? When we got another car we had to buy automatic even though we both knew how to drive stick and manual vehicles were also cheaper. ME's fault. :(

Hey Judee,

That's interesting. I would have to agree. Bovine serum is high in igg but haven't found anything high in igm. Lactoferrin doesn't increase igm either.

But I need to get retested.

I loved my automatic. But yes this car is much easier to drive. In fact I can set it to auto drive me on pretty much any road assuming I'm not in traffic. I can even set it to auto steer for me too. Latest tech is amazing. It will auto brake it a car in front gets too close as well.

But yes driving a manual on long journeys just makes energy drain a lot worse.

Although I've noticed daytime light seems to be my worst problem. The glare of light just seems to make me crash quicker. But I haven't tried a nighttime drive yet. I do have really good sunglasses tho but haven't had chance to wear those so far this year.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...