• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Silver Lining

So, I was having a pretty bad day yesterday. I think this was because I spent a lot of time late last week trying to cut through miles of red tape with my doctor, pharmacy and new insurance company regarding my valcyte prescription. At one point, my doctor basically told me that he thought the insurance company wouldn't cover it, which sent me in to a huge anxiety crisis. Then, because I'm an idiot, in a burst of nervous energy, I decided to clean up the fire hazard that is my home office (turns out there's a rug on the floor in there, who knew?), so I was hurting a lot.

But, miracle of miracles, praise Yaweh and Allah and Jesus and all the saints, the insurance did cover the prescription with only my usual copay for a non-generic drug. Also, yesterday my new mattress was delivered and I already have less back and leg pain after one night -- even though, being an impatient person, I couldn't wait for my husband to get home and my daughter and I carried it back to the bedroom and set it up ourselves.

Have come to realize that 2 things can make a huge difference in how I feel. First is sleeping until I am ready to wake up. This is not always possible, even though I am out of the workforce now, because sometimes I actually have to be somewhere in the morning or am rudely awoken by something, like my cat playing his favorite game of knocking my many bottles of vitamins off the dresser. The other thing is sitting in the sun -- even for just 10 minutes. I have a vitamin D deficieny and do take vitamin D daily, but I think it isn't as high quality as what I get from sunshine.

So there's a silver lining. Literally. :cool:
Reactions: heapsreal

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
vamah
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from vamah