• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seed Probiotics – After one month, Persistence may occur

I just got my ubiome results today. The sample was taken after one month on Seed Probiotics. I believe that the Seed Probiotics have made a significant positive impact on me, but the impact that I was most hoping for was seeing more lactobacillus AND bifidobacterium being reported.
The answer is, it may.
For new readers, a ME/CFS flare was triggered by work stress around the 12 of March, 2019 — dramatic changes seen across my microbiome (separate posts on these). I am still recovering.

Sample readings
From the last sample (where I had stopped things that I should not have – sampled 04-30) until this time, we see a 10 fold increase in Lactobacillus, but not a single bifidobacterium has appeared. Akkermansia is often associated with these two, so I include it. 2017 and 2018 are from being in apparent remission.
image-3.png

A bit of a roller coaster.
image-2.png

Not a single unit to be seen despite Seed having many species in it
image-4.png

Akkermansia is making some recovery

I will be continuing on with Seed Probiotic and plan to do my next sample in 8 days. I am feeling better and ME/CFS symptoms are reducing — whether that is a natural recovery or impacted by Seed, is a matter for speculation.
Bottom Line
The evidence for Seed persisting is weak. Good evidence would have been both Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium to make significant improvement.
Personally, I am happy with it for the bacteriocins (natural antibiotics) appears to be in it. I discovered this the hard way. One night I forgot that I had taken 2 capsules an hour before and took a second dose. It was a rough night.
Some Comments from Facebook on this Post
image-5.png

We will see what next month’s numbers are like.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
Lassesen
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Lassesen