• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

R3 / Day 4

Hi Everyone,

Day 3 ended with a very sudden onset of fatigue and need to sleep. Now... I slept most of the night between days 3 and 4, which is fairly unusual - most of the time, it's 5-6 hours of sleep a night. I fall asleep easily, but can't get back to sleep after waking about 5-6 hours after heading to bed. If my memory serves me, the shortened sleep period is a symptom of worsening ME for me.

Today, Day 4, has been interesting. I woke about 2am with that fun feeling of full body paralysis, which after it resolved, I promptly fell asleep again. The first half of the day was spent napping and resting in bed or recliner. Mostly feeling sedentary and not having a lick of energy to call my own. I had a birthday party to go to in the afternoon for my family, so I started drinking caffeine about 2 hours before the party to get myself going.

As you may remember from previous posts (maybe?), I'm trying to hold off on taking caffeine in all its forms until my new blood pressure meds arrive as I've been running high (prior to starting the valganciclovir). Well... it needed to happen so I could go to the party.

The rest of the day had a good amount of energy, surprisingly, so I'm going to chalk that one up to the caffeine. With this additional energy, I was able to talk with family at the party; spend some time with my 19 y/o watching Breath of the Wild (Legend of Zelda); and do a small chore before writing this and heading to bed.

Let me know if there's anything you'd like to know more about!

Brent / ArgyrosfeniX

=================
Scale for today: AM 1 of 5 / PM 3 of 5
Reactions: Judee

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
ArgyrosfeniX
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from ArgyrosfeniX

• R3 / Day 35
    Hello Everyone, It's been an interesting time the past few weeks...
  • R3 / Day 19
    Hi Everyone, Things have improved some, but I can still induce PEM /...
  • R3 / Day 12
    Hi Everyone, This weekend was rather interesting. Got a handful of...
  • R3 / Day 9
    Hi All, Things are improving already. My wife told me 2 nights ago...
  • R3 / Day 6
    😁 Things seem to be improving some. Yesterday and today had a few...