• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quick update - 3 weeks and 3 days since Covid onset

Sinus getting worse so suspect bacterial superinfection. Stuffed nose Keeps me up at night and not pleasant during day

Heart rate, rythm, and body temp very slowly headed towards pre-covid. Im ok if stays this way since they were too low before

Had amusing smell story. Keep in mind i stell cannot smell burning foid, ferilizer, rotting garbage, sweat, sulphur, and many/most foods- but there one thong i can smell it is the ONLY airbourne smell i can still detect:
Oriental lillies!!!!
And i still hate them. But was overpowering enough to bladt thru!

Im now starting to get some joint pain- ive had this happen before after respotory infections

Moments of scary fatigue which then passes. Bu the way during covid my worst fatigue was day 5. Gave me new appreciation for those with cfs who are becbound and rarely move a muscle. Was scary

Did my first curbside pickup today

Id say I was over covid irtself by day 14 and day 21 there was more recovery

But not there yet, dont know whatcwill happen with joint pains qnd fatigue, oh the dys flaring- hr goes up alot with standing etc- today naseous and minimal apetite may be related only to bad eggs yesterday
But who really knows why- and this blasted nasal and sinus congestion whikst not wanting to take antibiotic (abd perhaps sliwing dobe olfaction recovery) . Cough unpredictably and voice cat hes when i speak

Oj that was way longer than pkanned
If i didnt get the superinfection i think id know more now how snt long term consequences would play out

Also today mailed a thank you card to the doc who helped alot during first two weeks

Comments

probably your smelling will only start to get better when the nose is clean again.
stuffed nose alone could block smelling. mustnt even be neurological.
thats annoying if the only thing you can smell is something you dont want to smell.

" today naseous and minimal apetite may be related only to bad eggs yesterday"
didnt you test them first?
i eat 2 days almost every egg, so my routine is wash them first while also checking for micro cracks, then do the floating check, then cook, then .. well.. smell and taste check (i know sorry) ... but i think the last one isnt necessary if the first checks are fine.

@linusbert
I always check eggs carefully as well. Long story on this but basically when groceries came, the eggs were missing. That newnt the only way to eat two eggs for lunch (and still save a spare for next day) was to eat one from my reject pile. It was eapecially bumpy. No cracks i coujd so but ckearly defective around one circumfrsnce - like a bumpy ridge all arounf maybe. I usually do the principle of when in doubt throw it out- but desperatw times cause mt to relax my usual stabdard

I finf the flowers hikarous. At first i was thrilled to actually smell something in the airbur eventually wondered if something so noxious was goid gor my already compromised nasal passages- and threw them out today just one day after they arrived. So weird tho - i meqn rotting eggs strong too but cant smell those

Lets hope the chronic assault on nose wont meqn a permqnant loss. I do know two people who permqnantky lost smell after a virus- make that 3 actually. One waxes and wanes. (Yes i innow about zinc abd have been taking it)

Are you the youngest person in your place?

Have not. In past i at first loved the stuff then had some problem i no longer remember. Is this based on mitochondrial issues.

Right mow still frustrated on sinus. Huge irony if cleares covid only to sucumb to bacteria in sinused i still want to make my own spray but cant swem to make it happen.

bacteria in sinused i still want to make my own spray but cant swem to make it happen.

you won't succumb to sinus infection...
you will succumb to my chamomile nose enemas first!

check the other thread, i posted. you are overcomplicating things.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...l-spray-bottle-please-asap.89641/post-2428247

Have not. In past i at first loved the stuff then had some problem i no longer remember. Is this based on mitochondrial issues.
yea, it did nothing for me, except make my diabetes worse in just a few days.
but that was years ago, i just ordered it today, mAyBe ThIs TiMe!! ...

Last edited:

Blog entry information

Author
vision blue
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from vision blue