• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pregnancy Week 28 A funeral, in-laws and recuperation

This week we had to attend a funeral to attend in Bendigo which is a three hour drive from home. We drove up the night before and stayed with my husbands Mum. We decided I would stay up there while he went back to work and he would come back for the weekend. Having had such a bad crash we did not want to push my body too much.

The funeral was very large and although I didnt know the man I found myself getting very emotional must be those pregnancy hormones. The ceremony went for about half an hour an the burial was about 30 minutes drive out to a small country town. Being the country they put on a lovely afternoon tea spread of parties pies, sausage rolls and cakes galore. We were both so exhausted when we got back to my mother-in-laws that we slept for a couple of hours.

My husbands family have not seen me for quite a few months and they were astounded with the change. They all commented that my eyes seemed lots clearer and my voice was clearer as well. They said it was like a veil had been lifted and I was not so vague.

Everyone is amazed at how big I look and there are lots of comments like are you sure it is not twins and you might be in for a big baby. I think everyone is trying to scare me. Baby is not concerned though and its kicks are getting stronger and more visible every day. It has started to have a party every time I lay down to sleep. I hope that this is not a sign of things to come.

My husband had to go back to work the next day so he drove back to Melbourne. Staying with my mother-in-law, who I have only met a half dozen times was really good. She is very easy going and I must say that I love the pace of life elderly people follow. It is much more my cuppa tea now. It was also a really good chance to get to know here.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
allyann
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from allyann