• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Potassium Notes

Not getting enough Magnesium is actually VERY likely to be the most common cause of low potassium

"Potassium will relieve procrastination and zinc will enhance mental clarity."

"Potassium. An electrolyte, it helps conduct electrical charges in the body. Potassium cations are important in brain and nerve function. I have recently come to realize that if I am low on potassium, I will procrastinate in my writing."

"Once I restored my zinc, not only did the brain fog disappear, I experienced incredible mental clarity and energy in multi-tasking, which is important, if not necessary, for writers."

"Alcohol will also result in the body losing potassium as part of the digestive and elimination process."

"Alcohol is metabolized in the body as if it is a sugar. This means people who cannot metabolize sugar – insulin resistant – will have trouble metabolizing alcohol."

"Alcohol and sugar intolerance are the direct result of severe potassium deficiency."

"In a medical study, potassium did as well as Imitrex in relieving migraines. I now give potassium instead of aspirin for headaches and so far it has worked. It relieves the pain within minutes."

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
sregan
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sregan