• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Old men river and ME.

In the song "Old Man River" is a line that says "Tired of living, but scared of dying." This illness has taught me how that feels. The good news is I don't feel that way all the time.

Comments

Some days @Andrew I get tired of living too. I'm not afraid to die though. Like you I don't feel that way all the time. I like a song that has the words, "Another time and another place, sometimes I can't hardly wait."

"A Change is Gonna Come" is very similar: "It's been too hard living, but I'm afraid to die". (someone recycling lyrics?)

And yes, it's been a long, long time coming but I know a change is gonna come - there's some good scientists working hard out there to help us

Blog entry information

Author
Andrew
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Andrew