• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Night 14

Expected to sleep initially but didn't. Ended up with night sweats which I haven't had for 2 years and woke up with very bad sore throat, bad fatigue in the legs and feeling quite exhausted.

My baseline overall seems to just be getting worse. Which is further placing pressure on my body in terms of doing more which is further causing it to crash each week and get worse. I'm not really convinced any of this is working - for me.

I took 75mg egcg all day yesterday and just felt a bit high on it. As people with ME know this can be a recipe for disaster when you factor in constantly over reaching.

At this point I'm seriously considering going back to my old protocol and adding a few things in from this one to get more benefit. The thing is even if this protocol worked which I'm very doubtful of for me at this point I feel very over stimulated most days which ultimately means my body is never relaxing. I know from practice this is an entirely unforgiving cycle.

Also I find it interesting Josh mentioned Monolaurin in the thread today because I've always had great gains with Lauricidin. Repeatedly up to a limit.

I know I'm not the only person struggling to reach remission. The science makes a lot more sense to me now. But even if things were correctly balanced which I believe they are for me. The PEM is still there and the weakness and instability is still there.

I might try a day off protocol today with some adjustments to the existing one to see if I can make any better gains on my own. Which I think I can because of the gains I made before the protocol taking some other things.

Update: Going to carry on for the time being at least for about 3 more days before giving up.

Comments

Forgot to say that the taurine for sleep experiment didn't work. Just over stimulated my mind and made me feel crappy.

I do find it interesting how there's one disease model here and that proposes dampening things down. But there's no flip side where the patient is actually suffering from flipped biomechanics. We keep seeing patient studies where there are groups like this who require or have the total opposite in terms of expected charecteristics.

Maybe these patients require no egcg or inhibition of another flipped pathway or even potentiation of a pathway for the protocol to work. I expect there are subtle differences and as my immune system has always been down regulated anyway I wouldn't be surprised if I fit into one of these differences.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...