• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Night 10

Slept pretty well last night but I took a small amount of b12 about 4pm and ended up fairly wide awake before bed, so had to take nytol, 5-htp and melatonin to sleep. As it was ended up waking up every few hours. Also my sore throat came back in the night, probably because I wasn't getting REM sleep.

Unlike a lot of the experiments I've done over the past 12 months, this protocol is actually letting me get better sleep. That is I'm not wired or overly awake. I do find b vitamins and folate tend to make me wired after a week of supplementation, which might be an over methylation issue, however b vitamins are also part of the regime so I keep trying to add them in. They usually make me feel good for a few days or a week before all the benefits are lost.

I'm going to get some whey protein isolate and try to gradually increase my protein intake, now that my stomach has calmed down and I'm not going to the toilet 2 or 3 times a day.

Comments

One other idea about the protein is maybe something like goat cheese.

I can't do regular dairy but I do seem to be okay with some of the goat cheeses.

I have not read the full protocol so don't know if that would fit or not. Just an idea.

Dairy is definitely promoted by Josh but only once the body appears to have calmed down.

I really couldn't for the life of me remember which cheese was the easy one - so thanks for this! I'll try some goats cheese, maybe after I've managed to get the protein isolate into my system.

Yes regular dairy is not a force to be reckoned with :rofl:

Little update as well, the b12 appears to have gotten rid of my daytime tiredness. I am feeling pretty wide awake today. That or it's the 50g of protein I ate for lunch. I find it weird though that a tiny bit of b12 is what's needed to get me out of the tiredness and now I haven't had one "immune response" type feeling all day long.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...
  • Covid day 36
    I've been suffering with a ton of inflammation since about week 2...