• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neutrophil update

So for the last 5 weeks I've not taken any beta glucans (oat bran) because I believed it could be inducing neutropenia. This is because beta glucans directly feed neutrophils and monocytes in the body, so it made sense to me that if they do that they might be being used at an exponential rate. Also I sustained my good level of function (with better sleep) when I stopped the oat bran, that is to say I was able to go out for a long walk without crashing (it was a minor crash but that was because my body wasn't quite where it needed to be yet).

So it's good that I did this in a way as I know now that I don't need beta glucans to get benefit from the protocol. But I think taking beta glucans every 2 or 3 months is likely the best way to keep herpes viruses under control. Here are my latest results, back into a healthy range:

1638873980440.png

and history of my results:

1638874050186.png

Anything above 1.5 is considered healthy so I don't feel like I'm at risk like I was.

@Nuno @heapsreal

Comments

Commonly found issue but nobody seems to know why. Too many theories and conjecture to really have a solid idea why.

I'm not sure they improved much really. Basically when my neutrophils were at their lowest my energy output and envelope was at its highest and my symptoms at their lowest. So there was absolutely no direct correlation between ME and neutropenia for me.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...