Most efficacious in every case. Not

Thinking about taking LDN, and the process of slowly increasing the dosage, has coincided with taking Furosemide for water retention. I hope my reaction to LDN isn't the same as my experience with the diuretic...

My experience of drugs, legal and otherwise, is that, quite often, I have a positive reaction the first time I take the stuff, but then it loses all efficacy unless I substantially increase the dose.
It's happened with Furosemide, a diuretic, recently - the initial dose of 20mg was very effective, then the subsequent 3 doses did nothing. I doubled the dose to 40mg. Again, effective the first dose then no obvious effect after that. Then I gave up on it.

I first noticed this kind of pattern in my teens (30+ years ago), when I tried alcohol and some street drugs (amphetamines, cocaine) - deciding quite quickly that using alcohol and drugs wasn't worth the effort - having to double the 'dose' each time I used whatever stuff I was trying.

The only 'illegal' drug that actually 'worked' was Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms), but the trouble with that was I had to take up to 3 times the amount my friends took before it had any effect, but then the whole lot kicked in at once and lasted, at an extremely trippy level, for 8 or 9 hours - too much effort, too much expense and just not my cup of tea, guv'.

I hope the LDN, if it has a substantial, positive, effect on my symptoms, doesn't trail off into the sunset...

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
dotdot
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from dotdot