• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation Recovery Log 8/3 - 7/4

Its been more then a month since my last update on my progress with meythlation. I lost track of it as I have been quite busy this week.
In my previous entry I noticed how I had spikes in my health that occured once a week or so. This trend continued for the first week, but after that I entered into a fog-like state for a couple weeks or so. I believe part of what brought this on was my consumption of carob chocolate. I ended up buying a couple bars for myself as a treat, but I noticed that my stomach started hurting shortly after eating. My denial of its effects got to the point of absurdity when I started routinely eating carob chocolate, only to throw up half an hour later because of my stomach pains.

Another scary part of my recovery during this period was that I came down with two different illnesses. 3 weeks in a stomach bug came through my area. I was hit particularly hard by it, to the point where eating anything caused stomach pain. It lasted about 5 days or so. Thankfully I got over it the same day I ended up going out to a resturant with my friends. Unfornately I must have been a little to close to a sick friend of mine because I ended up catching whatever they had afterwards.

But it wasn't all bad. Past couple of days have been interesting for me in a couple of ways. One of the more subtle, but noticable changes was that my back stopped hurting so much. For some time my back had been hurting non-stop and I had no way of dealing with it. Thankfully it stopped hurting recently.
Another nice change has been my ability to meditate longer. Previously it was a real battle to just sit down for 10 minutes, now I can do so easily. (Watching my breath is a little harder)

I don't attribute these two changes to any of the psychological work I've done (although it has been helpful). I seriously think my body is starting to heal. Which is both amazing and scary at the same time.

Thanks

View attachment 10624

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
bsw
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs